OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 30, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #4,862 of 4,883
But I don't really want a Mojo, and it's in a completely different price range anyway, so not exactly on my radar.
Fair enough.

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #4,863 of 4,883
I'm curious to see what people still think about the Ha-2 compared to the newer competition. Still worth trying? Save my money?
I think they sound pretty good even compared to current offerings unless you are looking for bleeding edge tech or need more power. It's a unique physical design and form factor which I find to be very classy.

Oct 27, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #4,864 of 4,883
* I got it to work. Thanks for looking! *

I couldn’t be later to the Oppo ha-2 but I picked one up for £40 on eBay and it sounds incredible with my Focal Elegia.

My big problem is, having gone bust, Oppo have removed the windows drivers. Does anyone have a copy?

Thank you for reading,

Paul

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #4,865 of 4,883
I couldn’t be later to the Oppo ha-2 but I picked one up for £40 on eBay and it sounds incredible with my Focal Elegia.

My big problem is, having gone bust, Oppo have removed the windows drivers. Does anyone have a copy?

Thank you for reading,

Paul
OPPO Digital still makes the drivers available here.

OPPO should be commended for providing support well after these units have ceased production, OPPO did not go bust, they simply exited the home A/V market to concentrate on their core mobile phone business.

U.K. site is here.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #4,866 of 4,883
OPPO Digital still makes the drivers available here.

OPPO should be commended for providing support well after these units have ceased production, OPPO did not go bust, they simply exited the home A/V market to concentrate on their core mobile phone business.

U.K. site is here.
That’s not the HA-2, that’s the drivers for the HA-2 SE, which are incompatible. The drivers on the same website for the HA-2 are dead links.

Click on the uk links and see.

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #4,869 of 4,883
Never been one to bump but I was reading this thread for the helpful battery tip above which inspired me to find my HA-2 SE...

And this happens somewhat randomly with batteries in general, but if you have an HA-2 or HA-2 SE in a drawer somewhere, give it a feel for any bulging on the flat parts due to an inflated battery.

(Pic attached, while disassembling the PCB literally popped out once I let go of the pressure! I mean of course, it was even causing the outer panel to bend outward significantly)

Will certainly be trying the new battery, then..!

Attachments

• 20230206_104602.jpg
    20230206_104602.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #4,870 of 4,883
Both my original HA-2’s both charge fine and last almost 7 hrs. But, I always make sure to charge every 3 months, drain and use to.

Both work fine on my iPhone 13 Pro Max streaming hi res on Apple Music.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #4,871 of 4,883
Both my original HA-2’s both charge fine and last almost 7 hrs. But, I always make sure to charge every 3 months, drain and use to.

Both work fine on my iPhone 13 Pro Max streaming hi res on Apple Music.
Draining lithium batteries is not recommended. They should be recharged after use and often, ideally never discharging them completely.

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #4,872 of 4,883
Not draining, using then recharging to full.

You think they would still be working after all these years if they sat drained ? lol

Apr 7, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #4,873 of 4,883
Not draining, using then recharging to full.

You think they would still be working after all these years if they sat drained ? lol
I never thought you leave them drained.

They way you wrote it, it seems like you drain them regularly, and charge them. In my head, draining is emptying something. My point was, lithium batteries should never ideally be completely drained. Most phones etc. shut off before they discharge completely.

Some people still believe completely discharging batteries is a good thing, which is a relic from the time batteries had memory.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #4,874 of 4,883
Yup, I know that. Poor choice of words.

I meant I use them, low enough to charge. Recharge. Do the same in 3 months.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #4,875 of 4,883
Well my battery was completely gone as in no lights when charging so I was going to buy a replacement battery but just out of curiosity I plugged in the supplied quick charger and nothing. I left it connected and came back an hour later it had started to charge to my surprise. Not only that but when I had charged it previously it would discharge over about 5 days to completely flat with no use.

It has now been sitting on my desk for a week and it is still fully charged. I feel I may have brought my battery back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back