OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Aug 30, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #3,616 of 4,883
Except if the amp is not good enough it can muck up all the extra details coming out of the DAC and not let them get to your headphones/speakers. If I look at the fact that you needed to test the DAC separately to detect what it's doing better, I'd say that's indeed the case here, so I have to maintain that as a combo it's still not worth double the price.

Have you compared the HA-2 and the Mojo side by side?

In my comparison of the two units as DAC/amps listening to the SE846, the Mojo was superior. The DAC section was the biggest contributor to the Mojo being better.

I don't own the Mojo. I have the HA-2, but if I was purchasing today, I would opt for the Mojo.

If you feel you're getting what you want out of the HA-2, that's great.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #3,617 of 4,883
Have you compared the HA-2 and the Mojo side by side?

In my comparison of the two units as DAC/amps listening to the SE846, the Mojo was superior. The DAC section was the biggest contributor to the Mojo being better.

I don't own the Mojo. I have the HA-2, but if I was purchasing today, I would opt for the Mojo.

If you feel you're getting what you want out of the HA-2, that's great.

Sorry guys didn't mean to cause any issues. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,618 of 4,883
  Sorry guys didn't mean to cause any issues. 

LOL, you didn't cause any issues, I just wanted to put a damper on all this overhyping of the Chord Mojo and its colored glass balls 
tongue.gif
, especially since this time it was going on in an Oppo HA-2 thread. Some people just like to make others spend more, and I happen to be of the opposite persuasion. 
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,621 of 4,883
  LOL, you didn't cause any issues, I just wanted to put a damper on all this overhyping of the Chord Mojo and its colored glass balls 
tongue.gif
, especially since this time it was going on in an Oppo HA-2 thread. Some people just like to make others spend more, and I happen to be of the opposite persuasion. 
wink.gif

I am quite amused at your position. You are accusing me of "making others spend more." The reality is I was trying to save him money in the long run. Of course the HA-2 is cheaper, until he's ready to upgrade and then he'll be buying the Mojo.

You conveniently opted to not answer my question: Did you do a comparison of the HA-2 and the Mojo side by side?

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #3,624 of 4,883
Westone w30 is super low impedance, I think 0.5, is that cool to run off this with low gain? Anyone run super low impedance iems? How is it?

.5 ohms would be really really low. I just checked the specs of the W30 on Westone's website and they show it as 33 ohms. That won't be any problem. Here are the rest of the specs:

Sensitivity: 107dB SPL @ 1mW

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 18 kHz

Impedance: 33 ohms @ 1 kHz

Passive Noise Attenuation: 25dB

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,627 of 4,883
I am looking to pair this with a DAP, not a phone. 
How do I know if the DAP works with this via the USB OTG?

I had issue using my old phone with this because it doesn't have the usb otg feature.
and I can't find many people mentioning what they paired this with other than desktop/ smart phone

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #3,628 of 4,883
Now that I have my new Dragonflies (one of each) I have been using my Oppo with an old pair of Audioengine 5s attached to my computer.  What a difference (from no external DAC)!  For the first time my Audioengine's are good for something more than background music.  

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,629 of 4,883
  I am looking to pair this with a DAP, not a phone. 
How do I know if the DAP works with this via the USB OTG?

I had issue using my old phone with this because it doesn't have the usb otg feature.
and I can't find many people mentioning what they paired this with other than desktop/ smart phone

You may have to use the Line Out of your DAP with the HA-2. What DAP??

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #3,630 of 4,883
Complete novice here (excuse my ignorance). Have just recieved my HA-2 to join my iPhone 6+ and ATH MSR7 headphones. Am interested in two products to compliment them. The AudioQuest Jitterbug - to sightly improve sound quality; and The iFi Audio Nano iCan to get more soundstage using its 3D function. Has anyone paired any of these two with the HA-2? Any suggestions thoughts advice? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back