OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,462 of 4,883
I set up the Oppo HA-2 with the Ipad streaming Tidal and the result was very much improved dynamics, a more open soundstage.  I was very impressed with how it affected streaming through the PC.  The music was more "present".  Running through Oppo PM-3 I heard an articulate low end (i.e. the individual instruments that exude very low frequencies seemed separated).

The Android phone - not so much (but it at least works)...

They got another one right.  When Oppo comes out with any audio product I am paying attention.

cheers,

jhv

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #2,463 of 4,883
If trying to describe what the the ha-2 can offer, Imo it can be a very similar experience to when you cup your hands behind your ears whilst listening to music from speakers in an untreated room.

Try it yourself.  Cup your hands behind your ears whilst facing speakers/tv (within reasonable distance), in most cases than not clarity is improved.

Of course this is relative.  My ear shape is different to yours and each room is different. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,464 of 4,883
  I set up the Oppo HA-2 with the Ipad streaming Tidal and the result was very much improved dynamics, a more open soundstage.  I was very impressed with how it affected streaming through the PC.  The music was more "present".  Running through Oppo PM-3 I heard an articulate low end (i.e. the individual instruments that exude very low frequencies seemed separated).

They got another one right.  When Oppo comes out with any audio product I am paying attention.

cheers,

jhv

I have the same setup and could not agree more!

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,466 of 4,883
Love the sound of the Oppo HA2 with  my iPod Touch and iPhone 6. Just wish I could connect it to my FiO X5 II as it sounds much better than my FiiO E12A. The FiiO amp sounds good, don't get me wrong, but the Oppo HA2 just has  a spectacular soundstage with beautiful detail.  It's way better than I thought you could get at this price..

It really is very impressive with the iPhone...I use it with my 5s and my iPad...Iv'e said this a few times in the thread, but I am just shocked at the synergy it has with the HE-400i....it's made them one of my favorite headphones now because of how good it sounds. Love this little Oppo.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,467 of 4,883
  Is it not possible to do so ? ( I have a Fiio X5ii & was considering buying a OPPO HA-2. )

AFAIK doing this you would only be using the amplifier section of the HA-2 and not the DAC and it's the DAC that truly makes the HA-2 sing. A coaxial input for the HA-2 MkII might be nice.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2,468 of 4,883
  AFAIK doing this you would only be using the amplifier section of the HA-2 and not the DAC and it's the DAC that truly makes the HA-2 sing. A coaxial input for the HA-2 MkII might be nice.
biggrin.gif

Thanks....the previous poster, implied that it was not possible to connect to a Fiio X5ii ?? ( I assume, that's not correct ! ? )
As you say, it's an amp & a DAC. Anyone using the HA-2 with the X5ii ? How does it sound ?

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #2,469 of 4,883

biggrin.gif

Thanks....the previous poster, implied that it was not possible to connect to a Fiio X5ii ?? ( I assume, that's not correct ! ? )
As you say, it's an amp & a DAC. Anyone using the HA-2 with the X5ii ? How does it sound ?

YOU CAN CONNECT but you must use THE LINE-OUT (LO)

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #2,470 of 4,883

cheers,

jhv

What do you mean by android not so much?

if i wanna use ha2 with an android phone over otg then it is not working well ?

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #2,473 of 4,883

YOU CAN CONNECT but you must use THE LINE-OUT (LO)

Thanks for the clarification !

dont know which fiio x5 are you suing if the 1st or the 2d gen, if is the first it has a dedicated Ho and LO jacks, the second genration shares the LO with the digital-out i think or with the 3.5mm headphone jack really don't rmemeber and the menu has an option to toggle it on or off

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #2,475 of 4,883

I think most people here are using the HA-2 with IOS/Android devices and desktop duties hooked up to a PC or MAC as opposed to just straight amplification out of a portable DAP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back