OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Oct 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,301 of 4,883
Thanks! I think of buying HA-2 and use it with iPhone 6.
Are the sound improvements with fidelio x2, Momentum OnEar and AT MSR7 worth the Price of the HA-2?

wonder if you can do a custom DIY paint-job to look cooler
cool.gif
  it looks great sans the leather but having it other color super cool

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #2,305 of 4,883

comes easy if you clean the ha-2 body w/ nail polish remover

Huh?

yes use a cotton ball soak it on nail polish remover (ask your wife for it uh i forgot the name in english here is called acetona in mexico) and rub gently  on the HA-2 it shall come easy off it

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,307 of 4,883
Thanks! I think of buying HA-2 and use it with iPhone 6.
Are the sound improvements with fidelio x2, Momentum OnEar and AT MSR7 worth the Price of the HA-2?

I can't speak for certain about the iPhone 6, which I'm told sounds good for a phone. I'll see if my wife can spare hers tomorrow for 30 minutes, so I can do some testing with my main headphones.

I can say, however, that it blows the sound of my HTC One M8 away in terms of clarity, prat, bass tightness, and power. It's also nice as a PC DAP, if that's of interest to you.

The improvements are less notable with iems, and are more apparent with larger headphones. I can say it sounds far better with my Fidelio x2s and AKG K7xx. The improvement with my Dunu Dn1000 is more subtle, however.

Even though the X2 isn't difficult to drive, it scales well with mid-fi gear like mine.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #2,308 of 4,883
Just got the HA2 to use with Note 3. Can I say that this is the most beautifully packaged and constructed piece of hardware I have come across in my head-fi journey. I never cared for the looks of electronics but I just had to appreciate it for a few mins. The ports, the volume knob, everything is perfectly machined. Well done Oppo!

I'm not gonna say too much about sound as the main use of this is on-the-go with my IEMs, and sometimes on the porch with full size. Just needed something powerful enough, and this ticks all the checkboxes for me. 

I hear a slight hiss with my AS 2.5, not a big deal. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #2,310 of 4,883
why is it better than oppo?

Yes at least for me ZX100 sounds way more natural and lush nothing gets emphatized on my headphones / IEMs, wide soundstage, wider than the Oppo ha-2 one, My HA-2 used with a PC via USB (DAC/AMP) sounded the same as my A17 with slightly bigger soundtage on the HA-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back