OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,176 of 4,883
No bass boost needed. Even some of my historically "thin" recordings sound great. Really happy with this combo. Brings me great joy whenever I put them to use. Have a long plane ride tomorrow and this makes me look forward to  it.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,177 of 4,883
Fantastic! Thats just the information I needed. You've helped me become poorer. Thanks. 

I have been told.. browse classified forums, you may find a treasure for a bargain (f.e an used walkman ZX2 for less then 800 USD)

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #2,178 of 4,883
With my HA-2 purchase, the Oppo ---> DN1K setup is my work rig.

Looking forward to using it without the bass boost on those, which would be overkill.

I used bass boost to drive my MDR-1R cans to the level of my XBA-A3 IEMs (close to neutral)

Hope my new ZX100 walkman cna drive those fine as some say the ZX1 /ZX2 can

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,184 of 4,883
Does this come on and off without residue

Yes it comes off with no residue.

it's amazing how strong it is when it's locked.

Used it with my Hugo and my old AK240 with no issues at all.

Not a fan of rubber bands, they look ugly and they block some part of the DAP or phone screen.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #2,188 of 4,883

Yes it comes off with no residue.

it's amazing how strong it is when it's locked.

Used it with my Hugo and my old AK240 with no issues at all.

Not a fan of rubber bands, they look ugly and they block some part of the DAP or phone screen.

Yeah, agreed.

And i don't mention they end pressing your DAP's buttons.. ARRGHHH lol

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #2,189 of 4,883
How durable are these against normal wear and tear?

My HA-2 slipped and fell 3-4 inches and hit my table... It looks fine (no scratches or anything), but maybe I'm just paranoid!

What are the signs of broken dac's and amps? Is it instantly noticeable, or is it something like reduced sound quality?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back