OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #2,161 of 4,883
I've searched this thread for the terms "ZMF", "Vibro" and "ZxV", so I apologize if I've missed something.  But, has anyone tried the Oppo HA-2 driving the ZMF x Vibro headphones?  If so, would you care to share your thoughts?

Thank you,
pat----

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #2,164 of 4,883

Sorry it took so long but tested this evening. Tidal using hifi files - S5 to Oppo Ha2 using the supplied usb, works fine for me.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2,165 of 4,883
Sorry it took so long but tested this evening. Tidal using hifi files - S5 to Oppo Ha2 using the supplied usb, works fine for me.

Hi,

Thank you. It seems to work only with the supplied cable. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #2,168 of 4,883
Why can't I find this on Amazon prime? I can get them for $275 inc shipping, but I like going through prime in case I don't like it. Where is everyone buying them?

I just picked mine up from another Headfi'er at a (very) nice discount. If you want a DAC/AMP combo, and it works with your phone, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better. There are certainly better options out there, but none I'm aware of at $300 or less.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,170 of 4,883
If anyone is curious, this works nicely on the HTC One M8, using Android 5.0.2 on AT&T.

Now if I could find a good way to keep these together. Not really feeling the rubber band solution...

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,171 of 4,883
If anyone is curious, this works nicely on the HTC One M8, using Android 5.0.2 on AT&T.

Now if I could find a good way to keep these together. Not really feeling the rubber band solution...

Thanks, thats useful. Do you mean that it works with the native HTC Music player and streaming services (Play Music etc.) as well, or just the likes of UAPP etc.?

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,172 of 4,883
Thanks, thats useful. Do you mean that it works with the native HTC Music player and streaming services (Play Music etc.) as well, or just the likes of UAPP etc.?

Hi-
I've tested the HA-2 on my HTC M8 w/ the supplied USB (micro USB to micro USB OTG) with the following apps:
*doubleTwist
*Google music
*Rocketplayer
*Spotify
*Stock Music player

Both Flac and MP3 files play.

I also confirmed it will work with a micro USB connected to a regular OTG cable.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #2,173 of 4,883
Hi-
I've tested the HA-2 on my HTC M8 w/ the supplied USB (micro USB to micro USB OTG) with the following apps:
*doubleTwist
*Google music
*Rocketplayer
*Spotify
*Stock Music player

Both Flac and MP3 files play.

I also confirmed it will work with a micro USB connected to a regular OTG cable.

Fantastic! Thats just the information I needed. You've helped me become poorer. Thanks. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #2,174 of 4,883
Fantastic! Thats just the information I needed. You've helped me become poorer. Thanks. 

Sorry about your wallet, as we say! You can hit up the classifieds and eBay for a deal. Worth a shot!

I'm glad to assist. I originally wanted this unit, but bought a Fiio X3ii instead to save the $100, since it could also serve as a DAC/Amp. It does, and well, except for one major flaw: When in DAC mode, it was drawing... errr... sucking... the phone's juice.

Just glad to pass the information along so people have a frame of reference for their device. Android is great, but its fragmentation can be a real pita.

Fingers crossed that Android 6 Marshmellow won't brick the OTG support!

Is there a thread tracking which Android devices are compatible, and using which firmware version? Such a resource would help with my next phone decision.

It's a shame because my Fiio is a great piece of kit--just not good for my needs.

Cheers!
Shuto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back