OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #2,131 of 4,883
  Good news.... Oppo R7f phone finally works with this Oppo HA-2 DAC thanks to the latest R7f firmware (ColorOS 2.1.0i Build Number R7fEX_11_150914). The charging doesn't work though. 

Good to hear that the update to the R7f has fixed the issue.

For charging, you will need to use INPUT A. INPUT B does not support charging.

So if you wanted to charge and get audio at the same time, you would need a USB cable that has micro-USB-B male and USB-A male on one end, and USB-A female on the other.

Connect the micro-USB-B into INPUT B for data, connect USB-A to INPUT A for power, and then connect a standard USB-A to micro-USB-B to the USB-B female inlet and micro-USB-B inlet on your phone.

Now you should be able to charge the phone while also using HA-2 as a DAC/headphone amplifier.

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,134 of 4,883
what is the cause of channel imbalance on low gain?, it happens until i go past 4 mark in the pot and other question: what is the cause of friction "braking" / difficult rotating the pot? just curios is the wood desk i am using LOL, but yeah channel imbalance is here

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #2,136 of 4,883
I'm really impressed with how this sounds.  
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/17685#post_11963107

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #2,137 of 4,883
Can anyone advice me on the issue I'm having with my Oppo ha2 when using it with Tidal on my Samsung S5?

I also have the Chord Hugo and the ifi Micro and both of them work with my Samsung S5 when using Tidal. But the Oppo Ha2 does not work with my Samusng when using Tidal. I can use Onkyo music play on all three with no issue.

My iphone also works on all three when using Tidal.

Is it something to do with not enough voltage on the Oppo usb input?

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #2,138 of 4,883
  Can anyone advice me on the issue I'm having with my Oppo ha2 when using it with Tidal on my Samsung S5?

I also have the Chord Hugo and the ifi Micro and both of them work with my Samsung S5 when using Tidal. But the Oppo Ha2 does not work with my Samusng when using Tidal. I can use Onkyo music play on all three with no issue.

My iphone also works on all three when using Tidal.

Is it something to do with not enough voltage on the Oppo usb input?

Tidal works fine for me with Oppo and LG G4.  I can try and test with S5 tomorrow for you. Would do it today but my other half is on a double shift and has her S5 with her.  So will be tonight/tomorrow before I get a chance.

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #2,139 of 4,883
Tidal works fine for me with Oppo and LG G4.  I can try and test with S5 tomorrow for you. Would do it today but my other half is on a double shift and has her S5 with her.  So will be tonight/tomorrow before I get a chance.
Thanks

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,140 of 4,883
Oct 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,143 of 4,883

You were so excited to get it and now you sold it. whats in your future now?

First a Walkman NW-ZX100 (budget version of audiophile uber expensive ZX2) & SanDisk 200GB microSD... later maybe in 2016 an ALO Rx for IEM (amp only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back