OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,651 of 4,883
Why my HA- has trouble charging from a non-name 2,600 mAh portable power bank? it was given to me by my company so tried to charge my ha-2 and it starts charging well first led blinks and whne 2nd led starts blinking then the first one from the 4 leds glows blinking red and the 2nd stays lit in green

what is that?

Update: whe charging the oppo with the battery pack the batteyr pack gets hot, as if the oppo was demanding more current or so

but charging my xperia or my walkman A17 doesn't exhibit this behaviour, the battery pack stays at room temperature

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,652 of 4,883

I'll take a chance at $10+, the stock cable is fine for desk use, but portable use is a bad accident waiting to happen.

I agree, the stock cable is not good for portable use. Neither is the v-moda cable, even though it's much shorter.

I got mine in last night, and it works perfectly. The 90* Zesck lightning cable is about the same length as the v-moda lighting cable, but has a much smaller profile when in use. 
Now let's hope it's rugged enough to survive daily use...

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,653 of 4,883

I agree, the stock cable is not good for portable use. Neither is the v-moda cable, even though it's much shorter.

I got mine in last night, and it works perfectly. The 90* Zesck lightning cable is about the same length as the v-moda lighting cable, but has a much smaller profile when in use. 

Looks good! I will get mine on Tuesday.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #1,654 of 4,883
  Why my HA- has trouble charging from a non-name 2,600 mAh portable power bank? it was given to me by my company so tried to charge my ha-2 and it starts charging well first led blinks and whne 2nd led starts blinking then the first one from the 4 leds glows blinking red and the 2nd stays lit in green

what is that?

Update: whe charging the oppo with the battery pack the batteyr pack gets hot, as if the oppo was demanding more current or so

but charging my xperia or my walkman A17 doesn't exhibit this behaviour, the battery pack stays at room temperature

Nope also with my smartphone exhibited the battery pack getting hot and only charging it to 50% and then the smartphone started going on and off

I only want to know why the HA-2 displayed a red blinking led and a solid green one at the same time

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,655 of 4,883

It sounds like you have a defective battery pack. I had used my HA-2 for maybe 6 hours. I plugged it into a Aukey 20K mAh pack. It charged up just fine. The pack never got warm.

I have a "lifeCharge" 10.4 mAh pack I will try. Just curious at this point.

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,656 of 4,883

It sounds like you have a defective battery pack. I had used my HA-2 for maybe 6 hours. I plugged it into a Aukey 20K mAh pack. It charged up just fine. The pack never got warm.

I have a "lifeCharge" 10.4 mAh pack I will try. Just curious at this point.

this one is a 2,600 mAh, made by Mobile Power... but has the logo of my company (I know those freebies company give off with their logos). Well better charge the HA-2 using the wall charger

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,657 of 4,883

You are probably better off. It will charge faster... and at 2,600 mah, that thing will not charge the 3,000 mah battery in the HA-2 fully anyway.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #1,658 of 4,883

Mine should get here this week, angled adapters should be a given on any Portable amp, DAC and Source.

Instead I'm always paying out of pocket for the right connecter, seriously is it that much cheaper to throw in a non-angled adapter?

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,659 of 4,883
Thanks for the very informative posts on this thread guys. I read them all! And got myself a HA2 last weekend and it's been all bliss :)

I was disappointed with the sound from my iPod (am unsure which generation) but was unwilling to let go of its huge storage capacity. A proper modern world solution would have set me back much more than 300 bucks.

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,660 of 4,883
Thanks for the very informative posts on this thread guys. I read them all! And got myself a HA2 last weekend and it's been all bliss :)

I was disappointed with the sound from my iPod (am unsure which generation) but was unwilling to let go of its huge storage capacity. A proper modern world solution would have set me back much more than 300 bucks.

Here's how I am satisfied with the sound from my iPhone (first a 5s and then a 6 Plus):
I installed Onkyo HF Player on it, loaded HF Player with 96 and 192k tracks, hooked it up to the HA-2, and listen via PM-1 and PM-3 phones. Hi-res bliss indeed!

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #1,661 of 4,883
Hey all, just thought I'd chime in and say I bought this case for my HA-2 and it's a perfect snug fit! Will surely keep it protected and and has a spot for the OTG cable also.
http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/detail/case-logic-qhdc-portable-hard-drive-case-black-dc/

This is Australian but not sure if available in other countries also.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,662 of 4,883

You are probably better off. It will charge faster... and at 2,600 mah, that thing will not charge the 3,000 mah battery in the HA-2 fully anyway.

Thanks i did that and yes charges faster, even from pc :D, the same for my mobile phone which also has a 3,000 mAh battery, perhaps i will leave this freebie for phone emergencies or for my walkman which has a lower mAh battery

and as a side note, try to charge the HA-2 while OFF, it can get a bit hot if you charge and use it at the same time...

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,663 of 4,883
Here's how I am satisfied with the sound from my iPhone (first a 5s and then a 6 Plus):
I installed Onkyo HF Player on it, loaded HF Player with 96 and 192k tracks, hooked it up to the HA-2, and listen via PM-1 and PM-3 phones. Hi-res bliss indeed!

Am going to do it now.
Is there way to get HD tracks into Onkyo HF on an iPhone without using a PC?
Thanks for the tips!

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #1,664 of 4,883

Looks good! I will get mine on Tuesday.

I got mine Friday - works great...

so far

I also have used this cable - seems to be pretty hardy - it uses a flat cable so the bend doesn't seem an issue. 

Also got the cheapie case in the mail and the HA-2 fits snugly, but it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back