OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,396 of 4,883
iPhone using Spotify (320 MP3) sounds a lot better than iPod lossless (tried WAV, aiff and ALAC). Louder, more detail. Small same size but doesn't make any sense to me. Used 30 pin/usb connection on iPod. Senn HD 650 hp. Anyone else find this to be the case or know why this would happen? Maybe the ha-2 doesn't officially support the 7th gen Classic?

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #1,397 of 4,883
I have the CEntrance DACport LX (DAC with no amp), not the DACport (DAC with amp), but even if I had the DACport, it's awkward to compare it to the HA-2 because the difference in features is enormous. Still, if you are OK with rates up to only 96/24, and no support for Android or IOS devices, etc. I'll say that the DACport LX is a little bit grainy, but for my tastes, has a less sterile-sounding treble, and a slightly warmer tone, overall, than the HA-2's ESS9018M2 implementation. That said, there's no contest. I'd much rather own the HA-2, especially for use with the PM-3 or even the PM-1, but maybe not for a bright headphone. (One man's opinion...)

Mike

you actually can use the DACport with an iOS device, but it's a little cumbersome (https://www.centrance.com/products/dacport/dacport_with_ipad.shtml).  I haven't tried it myself.  I've only used the DACport (with amp) with my MacBook Pro.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,398 of 4,883
Has anyone used the iPod touch 5g with this yet?

I think it should perform as good as the Iphone 5s in this regard. Infact, i will buy an iPod Touch 5G 64GB by the end of the week
and use it with the Oppo HA2. Then i will put the Vox Player on the iPod and i will have the best DAP in this price range (with
hires support, dsd playback and the best UI i have ever used for an DAP). Nobrainer.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,399 of 4,883
I think it should perform as good as the Iphone 5s in this regard. Infact, i will buy an iPod Touch 5G 64GB by the end of the week
and use it with the Oppo HA2. Then i will put the Vox Player on the iPod and i will have the best DAP in this price range (with
hires support, dsd playback and the best UI i have ever used for an DAP). Nobrainer.

That's what I was guessing. I'm gonna get the 32gb though as I will be using Spotify and have the iPod strapped to the HA2 instead of my 5s.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #1,400 of 4,883
That's what I was guessing. I'm gonna get the 32gb though as I will be using Spotify and have the iPod strapped to the HA2 instead of my 5s.

Yeah, thats what i'm going to do aswell. Currently i use my IPhone 5s with the Oppo HA2 (which works and sounds awesome). But i do want my Phone for doing calls and checking mails and the iPod strictly for listening to Music. I will let you know if there is any difference in sound or anything.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #1,401 of 4,883
LOL my HA-2 tsrated "to soud weird" like if i was underwater, weak bass, ... turned to be i have comply foam tip fatal failure
biggrin.gif
, the tips detached from the plastic tubes ARRRGHHHHH now having a hard time to remove the tubes from my IEM nozzles

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,402 of 4,883
  LOL my HA-2 tsrated "to soud weird" like if i was underwater, weak bass, ... turned to be i have comply foam tip fatal failure
biggrin.gif
, the tips detached from the plastic tubes ARRRGHHHHH now having a hard time to remove the tubes from my IEM nozzles

Ah man, been there. tweezers, especially the kind from a swiss army knife, are your friend in this situation. good luck!

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,403 of 4,883
The HA-2 sounds awesome with 16 bit/44.1Khz and sounds espectacular with 24-bit/88.2 - 192KHz, the music in 24 for me sound smore natural, with a bit of more detail retrieval, i need to test with a bit of more complex music as currently just cemablo works, soloist doesn't provide much cues. But i find it smooths the trebble spikes of the harpsichord nature when recorded in 16/44

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,405 of 4,883

The HA-2 sounds awesome with 16 bit/44.1Khz and sounds espectacular with 24-bit/88.2 - 192KHz

+1on that! I can't decide what I like more this or my DX90 they do sound similar being they have the same DAC.

Next week i order to upgrade some albums i have in 16/44 (brilliant classics always does this of downgrading) from qobuz to 24/88.2 Khz
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,407 of 4,883
Anyone using successfully with the LG G4 (g3 maybe?) I want? It's spotty working with my HTC M7 forcing me to consider a new phone. Bummer. :wink:

Literally got my unlocked G4 today and it works flawlessly. I've complained in this thread about the S6 having a lot of noise when using any amp via OTG (specifically the c5d and the ha-2) and I was waiting for the G4 in hopes that it wasn't really an issue with Lollipop in general. Luckily that's not the case and the G4 works great. So needless to say the S6 is about to be sold.

And yes...the G3 worked as well when I had it last year. A good way to save a few bucks as the G4 is marginally better.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,408 of 4,883
Just finished cleaning a 192/24 bit vinyl rip of Claudio Scimone & I Solisti Veneti - Vivaldi: Mandolin Concerti [Musical Heritage Society 1100 (1980)] using an Apogee Duet 2 and checked the result using the HA-2 for playback.  The rich tonal colors and detail retrieval is impressive -> esp in the basso continuo: the subtle harpsichord at the rear of the recording venue is clearly evident and the mandolin & violin tone is gorgeous... 

Can't find 'hi-res' downloads of excellent performances? ==> Find your favorites on vinyl and rip your own with a good turntable and A/D converter !!!

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #1,409 of 4,883
I actually just got a Moto E 2nd Gen LTE today with a Best Buy special. Seems like even with Lolipop, I can only get USB audio working with certain apps (HF Player, Hibby). Kind of bummed :/

There's next to no documentation about the audio out with this model, but I figured I'd try since it runs Lolipop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back