OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #242 of 4,883
I have noticed the volume is higher when using the dac function. The Oppo dac will offer much better sound quality than your phone or sansa clip. When using your computer or phone, make sure your music player is sending data directly to the usb port by passing all the software layers.

O.K. Lesson learned. I just used the Oppo DAC with my pc, and holy crapola, what a magical difference. Clear, sparkling, and plenty loud with my HD650's and even my old HD540's. I got chill bumps, for cryin' out loud. Whoda thunk?

@miceblue No idea on the Cmoy gain because it's too old, but it's quite nicely built for the $50 bucks or so it cost, and was quite a revelation on it's own back in the day.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my HTC One to export digital files I'm in business.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #243 of 4,883
O.K. Lesson learned. I just used the Oppo DAC with my pc, and holy crapola, what a magical difference. Clear, sparkling, and plenty loud with my HD650's and even my old HD540's. I got chill bumps, for cryin' out loud. Whoda thunk?

@miceblue
No idea on the Cmoy gain because it's too old, but it's quite nicely built for the $50 bucks or so it cost, and was quite a revelation on it's own back in the day.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my HTC One to export digital files I'm in business.

Try the free app Hibymusic with your HTC One.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #247 of 4,883
I use the neutron music app with Android and it's pretty cool.

I have Neutron on my Z10 and it is excellent. I like that it has several audiophile features including the ability to set dither and the inclusion of a parametric EQ.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #249 of 4,883
After one week of usage, the ha-2 right channel started emitting noise today. It randomly appeared, last a few seconds to 10s of seconds. It was a hiss sound. Sometime it appeared when there's no music, sometimes it came with the music. I listened to a sennheiser HD650 using flac files from a Laptop with USB output. 

It appeared in the morning for about 10 times, then disappear in the afternoon.

I turn the unit on and off and adjust the jacks, and switch gain between H-L, didn't make any difference. 

Anybody experienced the same? 

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #250 of 4,883
[COLOR=222222]After one week of usage, the ha-2 [COLOR=222222]right [/COLOR]channel started emitting noise today. It randomly appeared, last a few seconds to 10s of seconds. It was a hiss sound. Sometime it appeared when there's no music, sometimes it came with the music. I listened to a sennheiser HD650 using flac files from a Laptop with USB output. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]It appeared in the morning for about 10 times, then disappear in the afternoon.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I turn the unit on and off and adjust the jacks, and switch gain between H-L, didn't make any difference. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Anybody experienced the same? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]

Sounds like your unit is not a morning unit. :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #251 of 4,883
I
Sounds like your unit is not a morning unit.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will try not feeding it coffee tomorrow morning.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #252 of 4,883
  After one week of usage, the ha-2 right channel started emitting noise today. It randomly appeared, last a few seconds to 10s of seconds. It was a hiss sound. Sometime it appeared when there's no music, sometimes it came with the music. I listened to a sennheiser HD650 using flac files from a Laptop with USB output. 

It appeared in the morning for about 10 times, then disappear in the afternoon.

I turn the unit on and off and adjust the jacks, and switch gain between H-L, didn't make any difference. 

Anybody experienced the same? 

I fear you'll have to send it to warranty

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #254 of 4,883
I'm curious how this would compare with something like the HiFi M8, or my Theorem 720?

It's not directly comparable to either, M8 being modular, and Theorem 720 being balanced, a nice charger, and about the size of a 1990's car phone. In terms of absolute performance, you will get a bit more of it out of the 720. But 720 also hisses more and has a worse gain stage for earphones. I think the market for the two should be different, although I'm perhaps more of a market optimist than I should be. 

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #255 of 4,883
Hi, 

Does anybody tried to compare Ha-2 with iFi Audio micro iDSD or any other iFis devices?  I decided to buy OPPO for better portability, but it's out of stock now. So now I'm in decision: should I wait more time or just buy micro iDSD? I have iPhone 6, Denon d7100 and laptop. I travel a lot, but I wanted to have  good sound on the go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back