OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Mar 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #451 of 4,883
  Well I'm having compatibility issues. This freaking thing sucks the juice out my android phone (Lenovo P780 and Huawei Mediapad X1) and by doing that ruins the sound. You guys bickered about hissing? Wait till you hear mine and hopefully have enough patience to refrain yourself from smashing this OPPO HA-2.

With PC it's fine tho but bad experience with android.

Had the same issue with my iPod classic and iPhone.  Sucks the battery life right out of those devices for some reason.  I would usually use it with fully charged iDevices and then turn the power bank option on so I could listen longer.  Also having iPod classic connectivity issues again.  Have tried a few things and now it cuts out while playing (all connections were checked and double checked) or doesn't play at all.  It's now only being used as a portable option for my laptop.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #452 of 4,883
  Had the same issue with my iPod classic and iPhone.  Sucks the battery life right out of those devices for some reason.  I would usually use it with fully charged iDevices and then turn the power bank option on so I could listen longer.  Also having iPod classic connectivity issues again.  Have tried a few things and now it cuts out while playing (all connections were checked and double checked) or doesn't play at all.  It's now only being used as a portable option for my laptop.

I have no issue using HA-2 with my note4. With the screen covered my note 4 will play 4+ hours of music non stop and still have battery left. I don't usually have patience to listen to that much music unless I am on a inter-continent fly though :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #453 of 4,883

Whoa I thought this is limited to android. Have you complain/inform customer service?

I have no problem pairing it with my pc. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #456 of 4,883
After more listening last night I can hear a very slight hiss when no music is playing on the AKG K3003i.  Not enough to be annoying though esp when it can't be heard during playback.
No hiss when using my Fischer Amps fa 4e xb.

Also can't say I noticed any great battery drain on the Note 4, this was using the Onkyo HF app.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #457 of 4,883

Update, just tried my iPhone 5S again and it does not suck battery life like the iPod classic.  Unfortunately, it looks like iPod classic is not gonna work with this DAC/Amp, for me personally anyways.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #460 of 4,883
  Update, just tried my iPhone 5S again and it does not suck battery life like the iPod classic.  Unfortunately, it looks like iPod classic is not gonna work with this DAC/Amp, for me personally anyways.

I just discovered that it's not compatible with Huawei Mediapad X1, android phone. The sound came out but I don;t know what's wrong but even using Onkyo Unlocked player, the distortion is pretty much the same coming from USB audio player. Hardware issue. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #461 of 4,883
  Do you listen through USB Audio Player PRO app? 

No, never use USB Audio Player PRO app before. I use another app and with all the music I throw at it, it seems handling them well, including 24/96. Not sure if it outputs 24/96 though as there's no way to measure.  Most of my music are flac files generated from a wav image extract of CDs. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #462 of 4,883
I just discovered that it's not compatible with Huawei Mediapad X1, android phone. The sound came out but I don;t know what's wrong but even using Onkyo Unlocked player, the distortion is pretty much the same coming from USB audio player. Hardware issue. 

Not all Android phones are USB OTG compatible, I had a hell of a time getting a Nexus 5 to work with the Sony Pha-2 last year, had to use apps or root. Samsung phones seem to work straight off just needed the app to get full DSD 24 bit compatability.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #463 of 4,883

No, never use USB Audio Player PRO app before. I use another app and with all the music I throw at it, it seems handling them well, including 24/96. Not sure if it outputs 24/96 though as there's no way to measure.  Most of my music are flac files generated from a wav image extract of CDs. 

What app are you using then? Well. Ive used UAPP all the time and owned a Fiio e18 too. E18 has no problem pairing with my androids but straight out of the box this HA-2 threw a tantrum against my phone (mediapad X1). It has a cracking/popping problem but with mediapad X1 the distortion is unbearable. 

Not all Android phones are USB OTG compatible, I had a hell of a time getting a Nexus 5 to work with the Sony Pha-2 last year, had to use apps or root. Samsung phones seem to work straight off just needed the app to get full DSD 24 bit compatability.

My roids are in cloud with fiio e18 though. Somehow the implementation in HA-2 escalated the distortion when pairing it with my phones. If I were to suspect low processing capability of my phones's SoC (they're just 1.2-1.5Ghz compared to the monster in Note 4) but P780 1.2Ghz SoC was able to pull up to occasional cracking sound compared to puking 1.5Ghz Mediapad. Do you think cheapass SoC won;t work with HA-2? 

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #464 of 4,883
To be honest I'm not sure about the whole SoC thing.  When I had problems last year with the Nexus 5/Sony PHA-2 everything I read over at the XDA forums seem to suggest that USB OTG being implemented on a phone was down to the maker, although this could be bypassed with rooting the phone.  Although I got the Nexus 5 working with USB audio player app it was never a 100% solution.  I've since had the Galaxy S5 and now the Note 4 and have had no problems with OTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back