OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #3,331 of 4,883
I bought from TaoBao the short cable for Sony A25 Walkman and Oppo HA-2 for use as external DAC. It is the same one as sold by Amazon USA as approved by Oppo? Is it a hit or miss? Because mine isn't working.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #3,332 of 4,883
I bought from TaoBao the short cable for Sony A25 Walkman and Oppo HA-2 for use as external DAC. It is the same one as sold by Amazon USA as approved by Oppo? Is it a hit or miss? Because mine isn't working.

I can't speak for TaoBao; never shopped there. This is the one that I bought, but I haven't used it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Walkman-Digital-WM-Port-Degrees/dp/B00YWEHSQY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #3,333 of 4,883
Does anyone know how does the DAC and amp of the HA-2 compare vs the ones in the Creative X-Fi Titanium HD soundcard?

I've got the PM-3 setup with the soundcard on my desktop, and I've been thinking on getting the HA-2 for portable use on the go. Apparently the soundcard has an amp that can drive cans up to 300ohm but I'd like to get your thoughts on which one is better and how best to set up the HA-2 in combination with the card (i.e. Use the HA-2 in USB mode with PC or from soundcard to HA-2, or only use it on the go)

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #3,334 of 4,883
Use HA-2 in USB mode to use its DAC, otherwise will be just amplifier for sound card and depending of output could make distortion.
On other hand, experiment and find what suits you the best regardless of the theory :wink:

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,335 of 4,883
just got the HA-2 today, using it with my s7 edge and oppo pm-1's right now, and i must say i am very very impressed and happy with this so far. the PM-1's sound amazing with the bass boost too.. I think i might actually prefer it right now. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,336 of 4,883
Has anyone compared the HA-2 with the Onkyo Dac-HA300?
I'm weighing out between these two options to amplify the Pioneer XDP-100r or the Onkyo DP-X1, don't know either which one of these daps to choose.
The Onkyo amp/DAC is also a player but what I'm most concerned is about the sound quality and power.
The Dac-HA300 should be perfect for a dap of the same brand like the DP-X1 or an associated brand like the XDP-100r although HA-2 looks really good too, which seems more popular and successful on head-fi, I've wanted to have this device since the day it was released. Nevertheless, I'm hesitant.
Can anyone help me to make up my mind?

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #3,338 of 4,883
Has anyone compared the HA-2 with the Onkyo Dac-HA300?
I'm weighing out between these two options to amplify the Pioneer XDP-100r or the Onkyo DP-X1, don't know either which one of these daps to choose.
The Onkyo amp/DAC is also a player but what I'm most concerned is about the sound quality and power.
The Dac-HA300 should be perfect for a dap of the same brand like the DP-X1 or an associated brand like the XDP-100r although HA-2 looks really good too, which seems more popular and successful on head-fi, I've wanted to have this device since the day it was released. Nevertheless, I'm hesitant.
Can anyone help me to make up my mind?

Sounds like you need to actually hear some of these options. If that really is not possible then buy from somewhere that accepts returns?

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #3,339 of 4,883
Sounds like you need to actually hear some of these options. If that really is not possible then buy from somewhere that accepts returns?

That idea occurred to me already, I know that many people do so but the thing is that in my case, once I had both amps/dacs in my hands, the temptation to keep both would be too strong, I'd return an item only if it were a absolute disappointment.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,340 of 4,883
Just got a Oppo HA-2 and I am generally pretty happy with it. I am getting some background hiss. I think it may be that my Shure sE535s are quite sensitive and I am prone to hearing hiss. Anyone else experience this? Any fixes? Is my Oppo Faulty? By accident one day I hooked the earphones to the line out port and the hiss went away, but then you can't control the volume with the Oppo only with the iPhone volume.

Any help comments thoughts would be great

Thanks

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,341 of 4,883
I've seen a bunch of posts now with people complaining of "hiss" with the OPPO HA-2.

Is this issue only present with in-ear-monitors?

I'm thinking of purchasing this product, but am sensitive to hiss.
I will not be using in-ear-monitors though...

My other option is the Peachtree Shift, with which I haven't heard anyone mention hiss...

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #3,342 of 4,883
I've seen a bunch of posts now with people complaining of "hiss" with the OPPO HA-2.

Is this issue only present with in-ear-monitors?

I'm thinking of purchasing this product, but am sensitive to hiss.
I will not be using in-ear-monitors though...

My other option is the Peachtree Shift, with which I haven't heard anyone mention hiss...
[/quote

From the little but if research I have been able to do. I have not had the Oppo very long. I understand that it is do to the high sensitivity of the iem some are more sensitive than others. My headphones are unfortunately broken so i can't test if it's an issue other than the iem.

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #3,343 of 4,883
Just got a Oppo HA-2 and I am generally pretty happy with it. I am getting some background hiss. I think it may be that my Shure sE535s are quite sensitive and I am prone to hearing hiss. Anyone else experience this? Any fixes? Is my Oppo Faulty? By accident one day I hooked the earphones to the line out port and the hiss went away, but then you can't control the volume with the Oppo only with the iPhone volume.

Any help comments thoughts would be great

Thanks

I get zero hiss and a totally black sound floor with my HA-2, but I'm using it only as the amplifier in the rig.  All the DAC work is being done by the AK120ii.  
Actually, that is one of the things I like best about the Oppo - super quiet.

FWIW,
RCB

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #3,345 of 4,883
I get zero hiss and a totally black sound floor with my HA-2, but I'm using it only as the amplifier in the rig.  All the DAC work is being done by the AK120ii.  
Actually, that is one of the things I like best about the Oppo - super quiet.

FWIW,
RCB

I had zero hiss from mine using it with a iPod touch and Tidal. The Shure SE535 are prone to hiss with the sensitivity.

What are you using for headphones/earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back