Opinions on K701 comfort?
Oct 28, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #76 of 98
I find the K701 very comfy
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #80 of 98
I've had my 701s for almost a month and have had that "pressure on the head" issue. I came up with a solution by using rubberbands to bring the leather strap closer to the two outer brackets. This has really helped and made them much really comfortable. Plus the solution is non-destructive.

See the pic below. Pardon the fuzziness, but I used the scanner from my printer.

David

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #81 of 98
they're perfectly comfortable to me -- not as good as hd600/650, but very easy to wear.

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #83 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by daltonlanny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The very tip top of my head gets a really sore spot if I wear my 701's for over an hour.
If I move the headband forward or backward slightly from time to time, this does not happen.

Same problem here. That solution works for a while, but I still want to try a more permanent solution like padding the band. Time is the essential element: After a long enough time (say 1-1/2 hours), it changes from mere discomfort to actual pain!
Does AKG sell a more comfortable replacement band?

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #84 of 98
I have no problems with the much-talked-about pressure points. They are wonderfully comfortable for me.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #86 of 98
I feel my K701 (new) is a little bit tight, definitely not as comfortable as my HD580 (used).

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #87 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfloding /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a weird "improvement" over the k601. I think a simple leather band would be better.

It is weird. Who would have thought that moving up the line in sound would involve a step down in comfort? I definitely need to find a way of fixing it, though, because the sound is insanely great! If "rolling" the band fails, I may just wrap a washrag around it. (It may look stupid, but when I am wearing them, I am not looking at them!)

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #88 of 98
I followed a suggestion from here, and tied a piece of foam inside the headband. Problem solved! In fact, it even improved the way the pads fit against my ears, so it was two benefits in one!

I also wrote to AKG and told them about the issue (I suggested that they try a design fix!)

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #89 of 98
I got a K701, and the first thing I did was to mod it for comfort. I came up with my own method. It's quite simple:

1. Remove the two upper braces (the ones that limit how high the headband can slide).

2. Zip-tie a loop around each side as a lower brace beneath the sliding brace the headband uses.

3. Tighten to desired pressure.

From then, the headband can slide up as far as you need to fit, and slide back down if you set the ties loose. If you tighten the ties, you can actually limit the lower range of the headband (so it doesn't shrink beyond a certain width) or freeze it in place completely (so it's always the right size). Here are a couple of pics of it with my AD700, post mod. The AD700 is still the more comfortable phone, but the K701 went from being unwearable to becoming very, very comfortable--at least as comfy as my HD555 was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back