Opinions on K701 comfort?
May 20, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #17 of 98
K-701 headband is awful.
You need to rig a custom velour/fleece headband...
...for the headband.
Sew Velcro strips to close it.
Shame they threw that awful strap on great phones.
mad.gif

Sennheiser HD-650/600's are perfect, comfort-wise.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #19 of 98
I just receive my new balanced K701 from KenW a fellow headfier and damn these bump make my head hurt!
frown.gif

It's a shame since they sound really fine!
I should look for a cheap mod to make them comfy.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #23 of 98
They're definitely better than the HD650's. They were like a clamp crushing my skull. The K701's were mostly just a little uncomfortable in that one spot on the top of my head occasionally.

Sep 13, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #24 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by daltonlanny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The very tip top of my head gets a really sore spot if I wear my 701's for over an hour.
If I move the headband forward or backward slightly from time to time, this does not happen.

I had the same problem due to my head shape.
I just bent the leather band on the middle to allow the side cusion to make contact with my head. Problem gone! (Bend it a fair bit so it springs back to wanted shape.)

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I'm not a minority, as a person who finds Senns more comfortable than the AKGs.
biggrin.gif

Me too.

Comfort is the main reason I don't own AKG K701 any more.
Darn shame.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #27 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too.

Comfort is the main reason I don't own AKG K701 any more.
Darn shame.

Me three. I got rid of my K701 because of the lack of comfort. I miss their sound though.
frown.gif

Sennheiser makes the most comfortable headphones of all the ones I've tried.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #28 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put several coats of leather dressing on my 701's. Soft smooth and comfortable now. Beyer DT880's are the MOST comfortable pair followed by my HD580's.

That's much classier than my solution of a piece of styrofoam (ironically from the HD600 box) on the head.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #29 of 98
I don't have any real issues personally with the size of the cups or around my ears or amount of clamp. The cups feel fairl comfortable to me. Not luxurious, but decent and good enough.

BUT, the headband is killing me after an hour or so. The center pad seems to put a lot of pressure on the top of my head and the top of my head gets very sore - like I have been standing on my head for an hour type sore!

My old K240's never had this problem - they dont' have the bumps in the band.

The leather band on the K701's looks very nice, but the underside of the leather band is some sort of plastic with the bumps. I think it would have been WAY better (for me) if it were just a leather band without plastic bumps.

Has anyone tried removing the plastic bumps?????

I would love to hear more suggestions. The top of my head NEEEEEDS a solution!

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #30 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any real issues personally with the size of the cups or around my ears or amount of clamp. The cups feel fairl comfortable to me. Not luxurious, but decent and good enough.

BUT, the headband is killing me after an hour or so. The center pad seems to put a lot of pressure on the top of my head and the top of my head gets very sore - like I have been standing on my head for an hour type sore!

My old K240's never had this problem - they dont' have the bumps in the band.

The leather band on the K701's looks very nice, but the underside of the leather band is some sort of plastic with the bumps. I think it would have been WAY better (for me) if it were just a leather band without plastic bumps.

Has anyone tried removing the plastic bumps?????

I would love to hear more suggestions. The top of my head NEEEEEDS a solution!

First thing to do is to bend the leather headband at the top to make sure at least three of the pads make contact with the head. That usually makes the problem go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back