Opinions, Advice, Expertise
Jun 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jigawatts

New Head-Fier
I am getting ready to purchase some new headphones, and I think I've got it narrowed down to either the Westone 3 or the Sennheiser IE8.  This will be the most I've ever spent on headphones, so I'm kind of having a hard time making a final decision.  I currently own the Koss Portapros and the Klipsch Custom 3.  Headphones that I've owned in the past are the Sennheiser PX-100 (original and the II), Bose Triports (AE, OE, and IE), and Klipsch S4.  I like the clarity of the Custom 3 and I like the bass response of the Portapros (although it's a little loose and uncontrolled at times).  I'm hoping to get headphones that do everything well (great clarity, great bass, etc.).  I primarily listen to large orchestral recordings (mostly film scores), and I also listen to modern rock (anything from the 80's or later).  I'm looking closely at the Westone 3 and IE8 due to reviews I've read regarding the build quality and the sound signature.  How does the clarity and bass response compare between these two sets?  I'm assuming the W3 would have better clarity and that the IE8 would have better bass response, but I've also read that the bass is too much on the IE8.  I'm looking for any additional opinions anyone might have to offer.

Thanks,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back