Open/closed headphones up to 250€
May 13, 2011 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Impulsive

100+ Head-Fier
Hello people.
I am stalking headfi for a few years already (yeah, not all the time, got longer delay) because i love listening to music with quality gear. Now came the time when i find some money, so i think its time to get some new headphones.
Now just to specify my choice a bit, maybe you can advise me which ones to pick from what you see.
My first phones were HD555 and i loved them. enjoyed every one second with them. However, as time passed i had to sell  them.
Then, after 2 years, i bought DT 770 Pro / 80 Ohm
I loved them too, It was the pleasure for me to listen to them.
Now you will think, "Oh man, but that two headphones are sooo different."
Yeah maybe they are, i do not know. I am not pro at it, just stalking forums and getting some knowledge lol.
So, hm. Yeah. Max. price is 250€.
I have three candidates: Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598 and Sennheiser HD 650
Now what to choose.
Hm. NFI.
TBH i have never tried half-closed design, but i heard some great references on sound of 880's
I also heard some awesome feedback for HD 598, are they really big step forward?
And HD 650, how should i look at them? A bit higher, but older brother of 598's?
If you have another tips for me, bring it on. I am opened to new ideas.
I will be listening to them via my laptop and via mobile phone, but mostly laptop now.

And yeah, One last thing.
In a horizont of few months, i am planning to buy E-MU 204 and Little Dot MK IV.

So...I am looking forward to your replies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back