Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Jul 3, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #361 of 495
PMed GlendaleViper for reservation for this event. This will be my first meet .... I am sooooo excited
eggosmile.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #362 of 495
Wow, this is really shaping up to be a great meet. Glad you guys from Quebec are making the trip over. I know you'll have a great time, especially crashing at Ryan's place (don't let him make you wax his back though).
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #363 of 495
@#$@ when are my tubes gonna get here?? I am burning in the new 332 as I type, hopefully it will be in meet-ready-condition on Sat. finger crossed.
k1000smile.gif

I am surprised there aren't more MI folks coming to the meet, its only like little over 3 hr driving O_o

Question: is this a member only meet?? Can I bring my wife?
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #364 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: is this a member only meet?? Can I bring my wife?
wink.gif

I'm sure she'll have a blast!
rolleyes.gif
(joke)

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #366 of 495
Quote:

@#$@ when are my tubes gonna get here?? I am burning in the new 332 as I type, hopefully it will be in meet-ready-condition on Sat. finger crossed.
k1000smile.gif

Speaking of tubes, anyone happen to have a nice rectifier that would be compatible with my WA6 that we could try out?

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #367 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a way to have the whole day off !

BTW : Anybody have Grado flats they want to part with ?

Call in sick? :p
I may have flats. I'm still debating.

Maybe someone should compile a list of things that will be for sale at the meet.

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #368 of 495
I am thinking about raffling off my Koss A250 at the meet. The proceeds goes to Jude, I mean Headfi, of course
wink.gif
OP might want to contact me for details
k1000smile.gif

For those unfamiliar with Koss A250 here is a mini review http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/kossa250.htm

Just a thought, don't know if its gonna work.

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #370 of 495
Quote:

I am thinking about raffling off my Koss A250 at the meet. The proceeds goes to Jude, I mean Headfi, of course
wink.gif
OP might want to contact me for details
k1000smile.gif

For those unfamiliar with Koss A250 here is a mini review http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/kossa250.htm

Just a thought, don't know if its gonna work.

Just linked to the review on these and it seems these are way worth buying a raffle ticket for. Maybe offer the option to buy a ticket for the raffle when each member enters? Depending on what you want for them you could price the ticket accordingly. Maybe take a poll online beforehand? Just a thought.
See everyone there. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #372 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll make my list tonight for what I have for sale.

Thanks

Laurent

Anybody else willing to post what they have for sale? I have only recently joined headfi as I just got back into listening to phones. Bought some 555s cheap to tide me over till the meet. From what I've read so far I'm looking at maybe Canuck57s K340s as I loved them years ago. Haven't had a chance to audition much, so this meet is made to order !! I'm also looking for a good headamp.
Haven't heard most of the cans listed on the site so I might be impressed with something I never even considered. Can't wait.
340smile.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #373 of 495
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been checking in over the last couple of days. Those that sent me a PM are getting one back right now.

Chesebert, shoot me a PM and we'll figure out how we're going to work the headphone raffle. Perhaps what we'll do is set up a draw for everything, cables included. We might have more people join in that way, which could equal a bigger donation to Head-Fi.

As far as gear for sale, I think it's a great idea to post whatever it is you're willing to let go. Whomever plans to donate door prizes, can you list that as well?

I can tell you I am chomping at the bit for one of those Mapletrees... might be willing to let go of the ECSS if it means I can score one.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #374 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I'll bring the TT. Also if we need another source, I've got my Toshiba SD-K741 (The Canadian 3960) that's a universal DVD player with coax. It's nice for what it is.

I can bring a Pioneer DV578A universal DVD player with coax, RCA and optical out. (I also have a Pioneer PDR 509 recorder with optical, coax and analog in and out depending on if I bring a car or take transit.) I can bring the universal player either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back