564782550_98594d9c3a_o.jpg
565297265_30227fbcde_o.jpg

shurelogo.jpg
westone_logo_color.jpg

575848081_7f280871df_o.jpg
STLogo_HF.gif
jays.gif

Yuin - PK2 & the new PK3
Westone - UM1, UM2... and the NEW WESTONE 3!
Jays - q-JAYS pre-production and T1 production samples, d-JAYS pre-production and final special edition, s-JAYS sound evaluation versions 1 and 2, j-JAYS final production
Shure - SE210, SE310, SE420 (to be released), SE530
Ray Samuels Audio - The B-52 Balanced tube preamp/headamp, The Apache Balanced Solid State preamp/headamp, The Raptor headphone amp. Mr. Ray Samuels will also be providing... HIMSELF for the meet!

Co-coordinated by:

RedLeader
The_Duke_of_Eli
GlendaleViper

Please send us a PM (or just post here) with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Quick Q&A

[size=small]Please PM me with RSVP and gear list!!![/size]

[size=small]Cost:[/size] [size=small]$10.00[/size]

[size=small]When:[/size] [size=small]Saturday, July 7th, 2007 9am-8pm[/size]

[size=small]Where:[/size] [size=small]Toronto Reference Library (Central Branch)[/size] - click to view map and get directions

mtamtlcorner.gif

Yes, this picture is like 20 years old. I'll put one of my own in later.

Closest parking - rates are reasonable and the facility is monitored by clerks, not machines.

[size=small]Rides Being Offered[/size] - Thank you to any and all who have offered assistance!

omendelovitz - Can offer ride from Thornhill and all points south (lives off Yonge St. - will pick people up from Finch station or from his house; 1 spot to spare

soloz2 - Can offer ride if along the way between western NY and Toronto. 2 spots.

<CLICK HERE FOR THE LIST OF ATTENDEES AND GEAR!>

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 495
A good question - one that can only be answered if you've organized one of these things before...
wink.gif

Seriously, to get everything organized and provide enough lead time to allow attendees to make arrangements, more time is very necessary.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds great, if I'm in the country, I'll be there.

Just why such a long time away, why not in a couple of weeks?
smily_headphones1.gif

It takes alot of time, especially for the companies to send gear and such. And it's still pretty close, just two months...

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 495
I'm so there.
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 495
Just a current update: We're looking at either a hotel conference room, or an auditorium through the public library system. I should know by tomorrow about the Library idea, as we need to determine whether or not we require "documentation" to be approved as a non-profit entity (massive savings). Commercial rates aren't much different than a hotel's; with the added convenience a hotel would provide, if we can't get the discount at the library, then there isn't much point. Unless we have some heavy duty book-fiers.
biggrin.gif

Could have a date set as early as tomorrow... if I get lucky playing phone tag with the events people between lunch and smokes.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #10 of 495
*biting nails in anticipation* Beyers Dynammik, Illustrious Faery and Legendary Stoic who with a tailoring degree delights in headphones and bicycles will conjure up what fun he can. No fireballs, dead raisings or earthquakes however, this must be a fun event.

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #13 of 495
Looks like we're going to end up in a library, folks. Prices are too good to pass up and, if we think it's necessary, we can book time after regular library hours for a fee ($20/hr. for security staff). Just working on details with one of their coordinators. Playing phone tag with library employees is not fun on the average work day.

A solid date, time and location is just around the corner.

For those of you who are 100% committed to making it out, I will be accepting PayPal "donations" in advance, once everything is solidified and the price of admission is set. This will help me cover the deposit and allow me to avoid the uncomfortable task of collecting at the door. Paying upfront is NOT a requirement, but certainly appreciated.

Stay tuned.

[EDIT] Just got confirmation that we are likely to be granted the non-profit rate for renting one of the Library's auditoriums. I hope to have a definitive answer on that by the end of the day.

Apr 24, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #14 of 495
Any chance it'd be any where near ottawa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back