Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Jul 7, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #481 of 495
Hmm... well at least I'm still up. Renato, any chance you're interested in dismantling a dared mp5 tomorrow? Needs a new pot and I'm sure you'd like to take a peak at the insides if I have time to fix it.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #482 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... well at least I'm still up. Renato, any chance you're interested in dismantling a dared mp5 tomorrow? Needs a new pot and I'm sure you'd like to take a peak at the insides if I have time to fix it.

Possibly.

~R~

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #483 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Where are we suppose to unload? any cart available for getting all the gears inside? do we park in the loading dock and unload or just in front of the library? Do we have load/unload procedures?

2. Anyone possibly interested in trading their HD650 for my K701? I will bring it if there are some interests.

3. I need to borrow someone's CDP's optical/coax out
wink.gif

It looks like I'm going to be arriving a little later so I hope you can get your gear in okay.
Sorry for any inconvenience. Tony

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #484 of 495
I can't wait for the impressions thread! I wish I could be there!

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #485 of 495
Live from the meet, everthing is going fine.

Ray Samuel 's MDR10, PS-1 and Qualia are just
blink.gif
blink.gif

We are having a great time here in Toronto. The 6-8 hours of road are worth it.

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #488 of 495
I just unpacked my gear from the meet and my XIN Supermacro and Pocket Amp V2 are missing
frown.gif
, did anybody come across them? EDIT....Found them! What a relief!

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #489 of 495
I just started an impressions thread, probably better to ask there. I had to leave early so I didn't see anything, anyone else?

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #490 of 495
Hey Steve, That 'huge source' is my Eastsound with Konig's LessLoss DAC on top of it. Konig was not able to make it, but he was nice enough to lend his DAC for the meet.

[Do you notice my/your new faceplate and volume knob on top? The SinglePower stepper is on display there as well]

I'm trying to figure out what the hell I am doing in that picture... not sure what headphones I am holding... looks like the GS1000's, and it looks like I am giving them a spanking.
biggrin.gif

Deserves them right!
340smile.gif

EDIT: Nice to see we captured mbriant in a picture... you left to soon man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #491 of 495
I figured out it was two units with a cloth over them in Micah's pics, but I wasn't sure what the unit over the ESound was, so thanks for telling me. I'll ask more about it in the impressions thread.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #492 of 495
philodox;3098869 said:
Hey Steve, That 'huge source' is my Eastsound with Konig's LessLoss DAC on top of it. Konig was not able to make it, but he was nice enough to lend his DAC for the meet.

[Do you notice my/your new faceplate and volume knob on top? The SinglePower stepper is on display there as well]

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out what the hell I am doing in that picture... not sure what headphones I am holding... looks like the GS1000's, and it looks like I am giving them a spanking.
biggrin.gif

Pretty sure they are the Quart X85s you showed to me and I think you are untangling the cable! I'm going to look for the impressions thread now. Tony

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #493 of 495
LOL, I think you are right Tony. It's quite the action shot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #495 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NO, missed it!
basshead.gif
I just joined Head-Fi a week ago, only a few weeks too late! I'll be at the next one guys!

Looks like it was a huge success! I can't wait for the next one. I should be there with the full Musical Fidelity X-Stack.

Please post more pics!

sorry you missed it, however I'm having a mini-meet on Aug 11th and have invited all the guys that were at the Ontario meet to come. I know a few were talking about a road trip but I'm not sure if any of them will be able to make it. You're welcome to come down and maybe carpool if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back