Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Jun 3, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #136 of 495
Hey folks,

I've been hacking away at cable making for a little while now, wasting parts left right and center. Finally, I seem to have figured out a way to remind myself to put the damn sheaths on the wire before terminating the other end.

Anyway, I'll be bringing a number of basic homebrew RCA interconnects and mini-mini cables to raffle off as doorprizes. I figure I'll have 5 pairs of RCAs and three mini-minis to give away. More, if I suddenly transform into a not lazy person.

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #137 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More, if I suddenly transform into a not lazy person.

hehehe... cool idea though man, sounds good!

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #139 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah... door prizes? i want one!! LOL Hopefully i can make it, i'm still not sure though. How many spots are left?

A conservative head-cap would be at 50 although I think we can fit closer to 70 or 90. Still a good month to go!

Jun 5, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #140 of 495
but not all bad. I have to drop/modify the gear I'm bringing to the meet. I've sold off my modded SR60's and "SR1000"'s. I've also managed to lose the right earpiece off my triple.fis. I've got a call into UE to see what they can do to help me replace the lost driver before the meet, but I can't guarantee I'll have it in time for the meet.

What I will add to the gear list is a pair of standard DT880's (250 ohm) with a possibility of leather pad mods (if they come in on time) and a pair of portapros I just recabled today in starquad.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #142 of 495
That would be great. Someone should PM Jude and elrod-tom to see if the Detroit head-fi'ers want to make the trip up.
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #143 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent a PM to several western NY people to see if anyone wants to carpool. It's only a 3ish hour drive or so

Hey, that would be awesome if some of you guys could make it up here! Semi-International meet FTW!

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #144 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be great. Someone should PM Jude and elrod-tom to see if the Detroit head-fi'ers want to make the trip up.
wink.gif

Hey! Anyone know how I can get a ticket or two to the meet? I'm a new member but live in Toronto and really want to go!!
Somebody please respond! Thanks.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #145 of 495
Well it looks as if non of the western NY guys are free that weekend so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. My wife isn't very big on headphones and all and I don't know if I want to make the 3 hour drive by myself. Along with the fact that I had hoped to split some gas money.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #146 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! Anyone know how I can get a ticket or two to the meet? I'm a new member but live in Toronto and really want to go!! (hellenback137@hotmail.com)
Somebody please respond! Thanks.

PM glendaleviper and he'll send you his Paypal address. That will lock your spot.

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #147 of 495
Well, I'm going to try to make it.

I should have more than just a pair of SR-60's by then. Should have my portaphile V2^2 Maxxed.

Hopefully someone will be willing to sell me a pair of cans then too.
biggrin.gif

Is there a list of attendees, and their possible gear? Would be nice to see who is coming, and what will be available to test.

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #148 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a list of attendees, and their possible gear? Would be nice to see who is coming, and what will be available to test.

There's a link to it in the first post.

Jun 11, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #149 of 495
I am a new member in Hong Kong and will be in Toronto by end of the June.
I would like to join the great meeting there and will try my best to bring with:
Sources--Philips CDF100, ipod video. Headamps -- 2 hpamps by mainland China diyer.
Headphone -- DT880, K501 (Modded), E500.
I don't have paypal account and if you dont mind I will paid up upon meeting day.

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #150 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasonho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a new member in Hong Kong and will be in Toronto by end of the June.
I would like to join the great meeting there and will try my best to bring with:
Sources--Philips CDF100, ipod video. Headamps -- 2 hpamps by mainland China diyer.
Headphone -- DT880, K501 (Modded), E500.
I don't have paypal account and if you dont mind I will paid up upon meeting day.

Wow, make this an international meet already. Pretty awesome to have someone from halfway around the world here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back