ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 5, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #13,951 of 16,326
​The DP-X1A has 4 different gain levels (Low 1, Low 2, Normal and High) - for the T1.2 (600 Ω) I set it to "high" (when listening with a balanced 2,5 mm cable with my UE TF10 I have to set it to "Low 1" or "Low 2").

As volume is a subjective thing and soundfiles differ from their - let's call it "native" volume of the files - I try to illustrate with Tidal (HiFi) as I believe everyone should have quick access to the referred tracks. I set the volume throughout listening and will post the volume I found "nice" for that kind of music.

1. Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Sunday Skin (from: Gentleness of Nothing) - Volume set to 120/160 - relaxed folk rock
2. Popa Chubby - Hey Joe (from: The Essential Popa Chubby) - Volume set to 127/160
3. Wolfgang Haffner feat. Max Mutzke (from: King of Cool) -  Volume set to 127/160 - smooth Jazz
4. Jonas Alaska - Becky (from: Younger) - Volume set to 140/160 - love the sound of the fingers sliding over the strings of the guitar - great recording, superior quality (thank you Tidal)
5. Izzy Bizu - White Tiger (from: A Moment of Madness) - 140/160

Going over 150/160 it becomes to loud - at least for my ears. With the T1.2 I'm basically listening in the range 100 - 140.

From my perspective the DP-X1A plays very well with the T1.2 - no need to amplify. Loud enough. Absolute beautiful highs, mids and bass. I honestly never enjoyed music this way on a portable device.

To me your volumes would be loud. I listen to Tidal hifi with the gain at normal and I never go over 110, this however is with my Alclair RSM CIEMs. Beautiful pairing!

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #13,955 of 16,326
Maybe he means FiO X1 :)

I have the FiiO X1II, FiiO X3I and X3II and the OnkyoDP-X1 and the X1 blows them away in several dimensions, including sound quality,

I saw that post too and just chose to ignore it.  I couldn't verify what dap they were talking about so I just let it go.  It wasn't worth stressing about.  Too much to stress about elsewhere in life.

Cheers

Riley

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #13,960 of 16,326
Just got the DP-X1 not too long ago, and so far, I love it. Sounds great paired with my CA Jupiters.

A buddy is letting me borrow his HE-560s and I'm thinking about purchasing them. I saw a while back a user had success with HE-560s and balanced mode on the DP-X1. Which do you think would be better: Balanced via the DP-X1, or should I just pick up a portable amp (I'll be listening at home and at the office and don't want to lug a desktop unit back and forth)? I figure a balanced cable for the 560s and a decent portable amp (Fiio A5 or Cayin C5) are about the same price.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #13,963 of 16,326
i bought Dp x1a 2 months ago and usually charge it with my IPhone adaptor. But last night when it was fully charged, i can't turn it on, the screen flasing with empty battery icon, then i charged it again but nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix it?
thank you!

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #13,965 of 16,326
i bought Dp x1a 2 months ago and usually charge it with my IPhone adaptor. But last night when it was fully charged, i can't turn it on, the screen flasing with empty battery icon, then i charged it again but nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix it?
thank you!

is your iphone adaptor the fast charging type ? i do find that the fast charger plug doesn't really work well (yes, it doesn't really charge or stop charging halfway). Sometimes it charge, sometimes it doesn't. That's why i always use slow charger or charge thru USB port in computer. It works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back