ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #13,966 of 16,326

is your iphone adaptor the fast charging type ? i do find that the fast charger plug doesn't really work well (yes, it doesn't really charge or stop charging halfway). Sometimes it charge, sometimes it doesn't. That's why i always use slow charger or charge thru USB port in computer. It works.

No it's not fast charging type, and I tried to charge thru USB port, used another adapter, but the screen turns on and off immediately with charging battery icon. I think may be charge with high V/A output broke something inside :frowning2: In the past, sometimes it auto restart/auto turn off but i don't care, and now it totally died :frowning2: Thank you for your help.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #13,970 of 16,326
How does dp x1 compare to other brands like P Gold , Plenue S and AK320 ?

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #13,971 of 16,326
How does dp x1 compare to other brands like P Gold , Plenue S and AK320 ?

I had a chance to listen to the Paw Gold. Honestly speaking, it is the worst player I encountered. It is so overpowered that every music seems so unnatural. I personally don't like this kind of overpowered hifi sound. I preferred Onkyo and Sony sound signature better than too unnaturally colored/overpowered sound. I believe the Paw Gold has 500mW output if I am not incorrect.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #13,972 of 16,326
I had a chance to listen to the Paw Gold. Honestly speaking, it is the worst player I encountered. It is so overpowered that every music seems so unnatural. I personally don't like this kind of overpowered hifi sound. I preferred Onkyo and Sony sound signature better than too unnaturally colored/overpowered sound. I believe the Paw Gold has 500mW output if I am not incorrect

500mW is the maximum output at 32ohm load. Doesn't mean you are getting all of it listening with your headphones. I don't know what you mean by over-powering hifi sound. I has nothing to do with the maximum power output of a source. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #13,973 of 16,326
I know there is a lot of posts and noreally I like reading through the thread... but my dx 90 is giving me troubles lately and I just received the audiofly af 1120 which is the newer 6ba driver iem from them. It is 10ohms I am looking for a player that I can upgrade tof. Would the onkyo dxp1 be a worthwhile investment basickly I'm at a lost I can grab one used for 400 in good condition. I am between this player and the mojo via my Samsung s7 edge. Or maybe even the pioneer xdp100r. I'm at work and I am trying to order one tomorrow. So after work I'll delve past the first part of the thread I read already with hopes with some comparisons. Help is appreciated

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #13,974 of 16,326
I know there is a lot of posts and noreally I like reading through the thread... but my dx 90 is giving me troubles lately and I just received the audiofly af 1120 which is the newer 6ba driver iem from them. It is 10ohms I am looking for a player that I can upgrade tof. Would the onkyo dxp1 be a worthwhile investment basickly I'm at a lost I can grab one used for 400 in good condition. I am between this player and the mojo via my Samsung s7 edge. Or maybe even the pioneer xdp100r. I'm at work and I am trying to order one tomorrow. So after work I'll delve past the first part of the thread I read already with hopes with some comparisons. Help is appreciated

If the DX90 is a sound you like the DP-X1 would be a great replacement. I owned a DX90 for many years and it was a great sounding DAP. I have the Mojo to and its a different kind of beast. I like both and the both have there pros and cons. What IEM or Headphone are you using?

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #13,975 of 16,326

You can get refurbished dxp1's for $350, benefit of the Onkyo over the mojo is the balanced output. I can make SQ comparison tomorrow when my player comes in if you want.

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #13,977 of 16,326
You can get refurbished dxp1's for $350, benefit of the Onkyo over the mojo is the balanced output. I can make SQ comparison tomorrow when my player comes in if you want.

Yes Please if you find the time let me know, and I did not know about the refurbished ones. where did you see those? I check a few places but I may be looking in wrong place. What I was concerned with is the Audiofly af1120 isnt as warm as the af180, it is more balanced, closer to neutral, with detail and speed. But not very warm or dark signature, I can imagine the onkyo sounding good with a headphone that is darker to balance it out and give it some more treble sparkle without sounding bright, if that is the untrue I may of misread the impressions about the onkyo, I wish I knew how they sound between the onkyo, pioneer which is 300 right now like new, fiio x7 with am1 and 2 for 430ish....too many choices and no way for me demo them in the near future makes this guy a sad panda.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #13,978 of 16,326
  Yes Please if you find the time let me know, and I did not know about the refurbished ones. where did you see those? I check a few places but I may be looking in wrong place. What I was concerned with is the Audiofly af1120 isnt as warm as the af180, it is more balanced, closer to neutral, with detail and speed. But not very warm or dark signature, I can imagine the onkyo sounding good with a headphone that is darker to balance it out and give it some more treble sparkle without sounding bright, if that is the untrue I may of misread the impressions about the onkyo, I wish I knew how they sound between the onkyo, pioneer which is 300 right now like new, fiio x7 with am1 and 2 for 430ish....too many choices and no way for me demo them in the near future makes this guy a sad panda.

Amazon prime :) 

Refurbs pop up every now and then, also check accessories4less (they're OS now though) http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onkdpx1/onkyo-dp-x1-digital-audio-player/1.html

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #13,980 of 16,326

I felt that the DP-X1 was more neutral/detailed/analytical than warm/dark OR bright. Didn't add much color to IEMs. So my Frogbeats came through bright, airy and detailed, while my Aurisonics sound was characteristically warm and musical -- maybe just a touch thick.

Also, I think the SQ of the Pioneer will be very similar. Biggest difference will be lack of balanced output.

From what I've picked up from your comments, it seems like you are hoping to 'fix' the basic signature of the Audiofly with your source. I don't think you can do that without EQ, although I'll defer to other posters with more experience with a wider range of sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back