ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #10,966 of 16,326
How do you know there are no such services, have you contacted ONKYO directly and been told there are no services?

I did contact Onkyo and asked what back up they provide for the DP-X1. No reply.
Quit apart from the instances in this thread of people having problems.

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #10,967 of 16,326
I did contact Onkyo and asked what back up they provide for the DP-X1. No reply.
Quit apart from the instances in this thread of people having problems.

Thanks, I do have a direct contact that I will use and see if I can learn anything. I doubt that there are warranty services and nothing else, but I don't know if this is the case or not.

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #10,969 of 16,326
Thanks, I do have a direct contact that I will use and see if I can learn anything. I doubt that there are warranty services and nothing else, but I don't know if this is the case or not.

That would be interesting to know.

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #10,970 of 16,326
That would be interesting to know.

I'll post back if I learn anything. Lately my contact has been very slow to respond where in the past he was quite quick to respond so I'm not sure what will happen.

Aug 21, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #10,971 of 16,326
  I'll post back if I learn anything. Lately my contact has been very slow to respond where in the past he was quite quick to respond so I'm not sure what will happen.

I have called Onkyo Customer Service three times in the last two weeks trying to get a definitive answer on the issue of battery replacement. Their final answer seems to be that the battery is not user replaceable, but it is replaceable by an authorized service center. Unfortunately, I haven't found an authorized service center that has been able to get me current pricing and availability information on said battery. I suppose I will have to have some faith that a company as large as Onkyo won't leave me hanging.

Aug 21, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #10,972 of 16,326
  I have called Onkyo Customer Service three times in the last two weeks trying to get a definitive answer on the issue of battery replacement. Their final answer seems to be that the battery is not user replaceable, but it is replaceable by an authorized service center. Unfortunately, I haven't found any authorized service center that has been able to get me any current pricing and availability information on said battery. I suppose I will have to have some faith that a company as large as Onkyo won't leave me hanging.

Makes sense that it isn't user replaceable, although I think this should be a design goal for all devices of this nature (and of course cell phones). That is part of the reason I opted for the LG G3, decent battery and it is user replaceable. At least it is service center replaceable and I'm sure it should be fairly easy in major urban centers, less so if somebody is in a rural area, or a poorly serviced nation (sadly there are some).

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #10,973 of 16,326
Are you playing hires files or lossy mp3 files. Maybe that's what makes the difference? When I play high bitrate flacs I generally get no more than 5 hours (not airplane mode) if i just let it play without fiddling.

Ditto. I'm using He400i cans in balanced mode usually at 130-160 volume with stock player and usually FLAC files, 3-5 hours of battery tops. I

'm going to try and replace mine to see if there is a problem with my unit because it sounds like other people are getting better battery times than I am.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #10,974 of 16,326
Ditto. I'm using He400i cans in balanced mode usually at 130-160 volume with stock player and usually FLAC files, 3-5 hours of battery tops. I

'm going to try and replace mine to see if there is a problem with my unit because it sounds like other people are getting better battery times than I am.

Dude contact your place of purchase and try to get a warranty replacement done.
If you bought it in your own territory, no issues provided you have a receipt. It may take a while to get a new unit unless Onkyo in your territory say otherwise.
If imported, the exporter might sort you out (but may ask for shipping to and from).

Unfortunately, I think your DP-X1 is borked...

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #10,976 of 16,326
Does anyone have a good system for wirelessly transferring files from a Mac hard drive to the DPX1 on a local WiFi network?

The Droid NAS app used to work but is now incompatible with the most recent Mac operating systems.
Originally Posted by smilemantts 

Bump

Not an Apple Mac user, but take a look at this article and this App called SHAREit (I think Lenovo is a part of the company who makes the App and computer based application counterparts).

It works on Android, iOS, and Win Phones, and on computers Win and Mac OS.

Hope this helps, and if it does let us know!

^^

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #10,977 of 16,326

I think that is actually decent battery time. You are using two dacs and two amps, driving a moderately tough load and at fairly high output. 3 hours might be a little short, but 5 hours and close is quite decent. So did you have a balanced cable made, or are you going SE but have it set to balanced mode? If it is the SE output (hope I don't seem like I'm talking down to you) it is not actually running balanced unless I'm unaware of something. I actually had an adapter made that allowed my PM3 balanced cable to run my 400i balanced with the DP-X1, which did a surprisingly good job, and I think the battery hit was significant if I remember correctly.

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #10,978 of 16,326
Would you say this means the player is likely to have longer runtime using the normal headphone output and shorter
runtime using balanced headphones ? Onkyo 16 hours is quite a nice time. Perhaps playback of flac at 16/44 battery would last closer to 16 hour spec.

Also can someone tell me where can i buy this player used ? Apart from fleabay and headfi.

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #10,979 of 16,326
Would you say this means the player is likely to have longer runtime using the normal headphone output and shorter
runtime using balanced headphones ? Onkyo 16 hours is quite a nice time. Perhaps playback of flac at 16/44 battery would last closer to 16 hour spec.

Also can someone tell me where can i buy this player used ? Apart from fleabay and headfi.

I'm no expert, so anybody feel free to correct me here, but this is my understanding: if you are actually running balanced you are now using 2 DAC chips, and 2 amplifiers so you are drawing I would assume twice the power from the battery, or so I believe is the case. I have heard people discussing whether or not various file types, or Flac compression levels take more processing power, but I can't find to this point any reliable information to suggest this is the case. Maybe somebody here knows? I would be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back