ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 16, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #10,891 of 16,326
Hello,

I search google and find a large range of prices:

$799.00
· 
[COLOR=660099]Moon-Audio.com

[/color]

$799.00
· 
[COLOR=660099]B&H Photo-Video-Audio

[/color]

$625.00
· 
[COLOR=660099]eGlobal Central

[/color]

$629.00
· 
[COLOR=660099]E-Infinity Online Camera...

[/color]

$799.00
· 
[COLOR=660099][COLOR=660099]Walmart
[/color]
[/color]

Does anyone know why there is such a disparity in the prices?  

How much did you guys pay?

I paid 799 directly from Onkyo to make sure I'm covered for any warranty issues.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #10,893 of 16,326
I paid 799 directly from Onkyo to make sure I'm covered for any warranty issues.

This. I understand why early adopters ordered this from outside their home country but now that it is more widely available I wouldn't risk it to save a few dollars given that with such a newly released portable device there is a good possibility of needing warranty work at some point.

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #10,894 of 16,326

Unfortunately none of us has 
42wfT_dnNZke8SeEibHpRhFra1bCwDMHRB98PV6LooK1qWO3PhvBxX0Xb-qsOor4Szjdyd64J2lOVd8LXJSkiGTbTa1wzn4=s0-d-e1-ft

Things have been very quiet on the firmware update front so either Onkyo are very busy beavering away, developing and testing, to make sure they have a rock solid update that fixes all the bugs and adds major new features ...

... or they can't be bothered and will leave it as it is.

We just don't know.

While the issues are minor irritants it still is, as Sonic Defender says, a very solid product. I certainly have no regrets over purchasing mine.

There is no real equivalent competition at the moment. There's lots more needing to be fixed with the FiiO X7.

I think the choice is to either take the plunge or wait to see what the IBasso DX200 brings, but it has no release date and nor have any of the second generation integrated players. 

The problem once you start waiting is that there's always something new and better just around the corner.

I remember (I purchased this unit in the winter (feb) that there were many firmware updates, like one every two weeks. I havent seen a firmware update in months. I really do wonder what is going on? Of course mine is from japan....

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #10,896 of 16,326
I've been looking hard at the DP-X1 to replace my Galaxy S7 as my source, but I'm getting really concerned with warranty and repair issues. Chief among these issues is the lack of battery replacement options, or the lack of communications of such options. According to an Onkyo USA rep in the Q&A section of Amazon, the battery is not replaceable at all. When that battery dies, you have a paperweight. Yet when I call their Customer Service number, reps there insist the battery is replaceable at any Authorized Service Center. Yet when I contacted my local Authorized Service Center, they were unable to actually locate a proper replacement part, though they did find a part number.

It's bad enough my mobile devices don't come with user replaceable batteries anymore (Samsung, Apple, I'm looking at you), but to not even have a depot replacement option on an $800 device!?!

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #10,898 of 16,326
  Hello,

I search google and find a large range of prices:

$799.00· Moon-Audio.com

$799.00· B&H Photo-Video-Audio

$625.00· eGlobal Central

$629.00· E-Infinity Online Camera...

$799.00· Walmart

Does anyone know why there is such a disparity in the prices?  

How much did you guys pay?

I've just ordered mine from Hong Kong on Ebay for $625.  The seller provides 1 year warranty ... so fingers are crossed ... It should be here in the next few days ...

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #10,902 of 16,326
I hope it works out for you.
This. I understand why early adopters ordered this from outside their home country but now that it is more widely available I wouldn't risk it to save a few dollars given that with such a newly released portable device there is a good possibility of needing warranty work at some point.

Yah, I understand that.  I don't know if Onkyo is like Apple, but because I bought my macbook air from the store i get way more options to have it fixed and even replaced.

I've just ordered mine from Hong Kong on Ebay for $625.  The seller provides 1 year warranty ... so fingers are crossed ... It should be here in the next few days ...

I'm really excited for you
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #10,903 of 16,326
Really liked this player except for the short battery life. Does anyone know if there is a chance they'll fix this problem. Constantly having to charge it every three to five hours (even after shutting down all other apps that might drain power) was just a deal breaker for me.

For me i use airplane mode and standalone mode. My X1 dropped about 30% in 4 hours.

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #10,904 of 16,326
I never use airplane mode and if not in use the battery is good for days! Got 8-10 hours play from it, easy. Don't know for sure because I don't count. Uninstalled or disabled every app not related to music playing. Don't even think about using hogs like Facebook or any other social media apps on this thing if you want the battery to last!!!

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #10,905 of 16,326
I never use airplane mode and if not in use the battery is good for days! Got 8-10 hours play from it, easy. Don't know for sure because I don't count. Uninstalled or disabled every app not related to music playing. Don't even think about using hogs like Facebook or any other social media apps on this thing if you want the battery to last!!!

Are you playing hires files or lossy mp3 files. Maybe that's what makes the difference? When I play high bitrate flacs I generally get no more than 5 hours (not airplane mode) if i just let it play without fiddling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back