ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 9, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #10,756 of 16,326

Thanks for getting back. You sure that's right- I might have not been clear. I already have an balanced cable, just want to get an adaptor for this so I can use the cable through the unbalanced port when I'm on the move (to save on battery and protect that flimsy 2.5mm port!) So wouldn't a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male be needed?

Oh didn't know what you were doing.  But I don't think that will work as it's not balanced to balanced, I think you can ruin the X1 by using this, or you only get sound out of one side.

Someone correct me or clarify please.

No, this will not work. That's just straight TRRS, used to convert 2.5mm handsfree headset with mic to be used in 3.5mm ports. If used with AK/Onkyo style 2.5mm headphones, you will get audio from only one channel.
You need 2.5mm balanced converter, like the one provided by @fordski .

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #10,758 of 16,326
Sound like not a problem, I need to set volume at 90-95% when use monk on ipod classic to sound acceptable loud too,

The real question is that it will bring out VE Zen 2.0 potential or not that impressive compared to connect to amp?

I have a black zen 2.0 with the DPX1..
Using acg with the zen 2.0..
The bass bloom more precise and better extension with good controlled..
Everything become more focus and more details..
But agreed that the soundstage and imaging decrese substantially..

But i am into ACG mode with high DB settings and volume is up to 150 using the zen 2.0 with 2.5 trrs balanced jack..

Only thing is..the battery runs out a bit faster..

Best,
Jonathan

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #10,759 of 16,326
Hi guys,
One of my friend who owns x1 is having problem. His device cant be turned on or charge. Is there any hard button reset on x1? The small hole on the bottom turns out to be microphone.

Cheers,
Creavasst

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #10,760 of 16,326
Is it good ?
thx

It works fine for me. I use it mostly on my walks with my LG V10. Another option is this https://www.null-audio.com/products/null-audio-2-5mm-balanced-to-3-5mm-se-converter-for-astell-kern-players which provides a more direct path. I also have one of these and use it with my Mojo at home. For walking it put too much stress on the headphone jack.

I'm realizing I've accumulated too many portable options, the LG V10 and DP-X1 and Mojo but I like them all for want they do and likely won't part with any of them so being able to keep the balanced cable on my IEMs using the adapters works out well.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #10,761 of 16,326
Did anyone buy Dignis case for DP-X1 in U.S.? I tried to find a dealer online but the only way I found was ordering directly from Dignis in South Korea. The price was $65 plus $22.74 shipping (which is a lot). Are there any cheaper options? Thanks in advance.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #10,762 of 16,326
Did anyone buy Dignis case for DP-X1 in U.S.? I tried to find a dealer online but the only way I found was ordering directly from Dignis in South Korea. The price was $65 plus $22.74 shipping (which is a lot). Are there any cheaper options? Thanks in advance.

That's what I paid and it is a lot but super fast delivery and a great product.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #10,764 of 16,326
That's what I paid and it is a lot but super fast delivery and a great product.

Paying a third of the cost in shipping is nuts. I shipped a headphone to Hawaii for only $30.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #10,766 of 16,326

you can find cheaper one on ebay but for the dignis case is not. I don't think you can find dignis case in the us. I know the shipping cost from korea is expensive but it really fast. I think the fist one i bought it delivered around 5-7 days. I just bought another case last night with $95 for the case and $31 for shipping =_=.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #10,767 of 16,326
you can find cheaper one on ebay but for the dignis case is not. I don't think you can find dignis case in the us. I know the shipping cost from korea is expensive but it really fast. I think the fist one i bought it delivered around 5-7 days. I just bought another case last night with $95 for the case and $31 for shipping =_=.

They are making money on the shipping for sure, which I hate. You make your margin on the item, shipping should be at cost.

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #10,768 of 16,326

Thanks for the post. I saw the $95 one too, the texture looks a bit different from the $65 one. The price is kinda "reasonable" considering the official case costs nearly $60 as well. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #10,769 of 16,326
They are making money on the shipping for sure, which I hate. You make your margin on the item, shipping should be at cost.

I know the shipping cost is suck but its the only way i can get so....I can get it cheaper on ebay but i have to wait so long to get it. My x1's gonna come this thursday so... But well the good thing is dignis case comes with a screen protector. So its not too bad :)).
Thanks for the post. I saw the $95 one too, the texture looks a bit different from the $65 one. The price is kinda "reasonable" considering the official case costs nearly $60 as well. 
The one costs $95 i think its better than the original one. It has nice texture and easy to change the sd card.

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #10,770 of 16,326
I know the shipping cost is suck but its the only way i can get so....I can get it cheaper on ebay but i have to wait so long to get it. My x1's gonna come this thursday so... But well the good thing is dignis case comes with a screen protector. So its not too bad
smily_headphones1.gif
).
The one costs $95 i think its better than the original one. It has nice texture and easy to change the sd card.

Really? I didn't know they provide screen protector as Google translator couldn't translate Korean embed directly in images. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back