ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #8,341 of 16,326

Amen. One other thing. A replaceable battery. Spending this kind of money on a device that I will use for at least 5 years shouldn't die a slow death because I can't change a simple battery!

That'd definitely be a useful feature!

I think, at least with the AK, HiFiMan, iBasso and FiiO stuff, they've been around long enough that getting a new battery wouldn't be an issue down the road.  A pain in the arse, yes, but doable.  I would not make that same bet with any of the army of other brands.

May 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #8,342 of 16,326
Best value for money without a shadow of a doubt are the Beyerdynamic DT150. They sound wonderful from the Onkyo and have great isolation. The big drawback is that they look like a pair of industrial ear defenders. For ten times the price you can get the T5p from the same manufacturer. I haven't yet heard them from the DP-X1 but I suspect they'll be slightly better than the DT150s sonically and offer poorer isolation. They do look beautiful however. So depending on how much you want to pay, how loud you like to listen, and whether your colleagues already find you a bit crazy, you have a couple of options there :D

I'm looking for a step up from the DT150s. Anything else besides the Oppo PM3s and Sony Z7s worth considering?

Really annoying btw how Sony fitted the included balanced cable with Z7s. Has anyone reterminated it?

May 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #8,343 of 16,326
I'm looking for a step up from the DT150s. Anything else besides the Oppo PM3s and Sony Z7s worth considering?

Really annoying btw how Sony fitted the included balanced cable with Z7s. Has anyone reterminated it?

Another one to consider if you're interested in on-ear rather than over-ear are the Audeze Sines that are getting a lot of attention at the moment.

I haven't heard them myself or read a review from anyone I trust, but my interest is piqued.

May 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #8,344 of 16,326

That'd definitely be a useful feature!

I think, at least with the AK, HiFiMan, iBasso and FiiO stuff, they've been around long enough that getting a new battery wouldn't be an issue down the road.  A pain in the arse, yes, but doable.  I would not make that same bet with any of the army of other brands.

Forgot to mention. Does the bass still easily clip when using the EQ?

May 14, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #8,348 of 16,326
Please! Is no one going to help me?!?!
deadhorse.gif

Would love to ... but have no idea what's going on there!

May 14, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #8,349 of 16,326
Please! Is no one going to help me?!?!
:deadhorse:

How are you trying to play the playlists? Since your post does not say what you are doing, it is not possible for me to troubleshoot your issue. The DP-X1 does not just play the list like most of my other DAPs do. Mine play fine. In the library, select Playlist to get the list of your playlists. Next to the playlist you want to play, tap on the three dots on the right side to open the menu. Tap "Replace Up Next" to clear the que and add your playlist.

May 14, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #8,350 of 16,326
Just got my DP-X1
till now quite happy

What is the meaning of digital filter. What does it do. Since I played a few MQA files put it to short as per instructions
But what is the default for non-mqa files. Unfortunately did not look before I switched

Thanks for the help

May 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #8,352 of 16,326
This topic might have been discussed before. But it's a bit difficult to search back 567 pages of threads so I am going to ask it here. I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. I have the Onkyo DP-X1 with the latest firmware. Been using with the variable output set to on with Westone UM Pro 50 Earphones. The native Music app and Tidal runs fine. Recently I upgraded to Westone ES60. Native music app runs fine. Tidal has hiss sound in the background. It is like a distortion sound. I thought it was the new ES60 at first. Switch back to UM Pro 50 has no problem again. But then using the ES60 with my iPhone running Tidal has no problem at all. So I went back to the Onkyo with the ES60 again, the hiss sound still there with only Tidal. I switch off the variable line out then the hiss sound disappeared. But the output is much less. So to summarize it, the hiss sound only appears with the Onkyo DP-X1 running tidal with the Westone ES60 with the variable line out mode set to on. Anyone has similar problem? Any solution? Thanks for helping.

May 15, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #8,354 of 16,326
I see that Onkyo UK has the DP-X1 listed on their site now, alas no prices or details of availability just links to dealers, none of whom, so far I have found, have the player listed.

EDIT:

Only one I found here Available in June 2016. for £699.00

My response?
Let's just say the 2nd word is Off.... 
angry_face.gif

May 15, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #8,355 of 16,326
Is there a general consensus on the best closed-back headphone value for money to pair with the DP-X1 in balanced mode in an office setting? The cans don't need to be portable and also shouldn't bleed to much sound.

Is there anything besides the Oppo PM3s worth considering (eg Sony MDR-Z7)?

I would have to think the Audeze Sine should be a strong contender based on the impressions I have been reading. If I was going portable and wired I know the Sine would be right at the top of my list to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back