ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #5,596 of 16,326
I have ordered a dignis case but realized there are no openings for the sd cards in order to use an sd adapter. May have to cut a hole into this beautiful case

Shouldn't be an issue if the case slides in and out smoothly.

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #5,597 of 16,326
Dignis case is excellent. It fits very well, details are well executed and it comes with two top protection films, a screen protector and a screen cleaning cloth. I also like that the buttons are protected and accidental pressing is therefore reduced. Didn't get to see the OEM case in person but from photos I can say that it is nowhere near as good as Dignis.

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #5,598 of 16,326
I encountered a problem running balanced. Every now and then, there is a very strong noise that pierces my ears. It happens randomly and sounds like there is a short somewhere. Not a cable connection issue as the noise disappeared as soon as I toggle the balanced mode button. It also only happens with Tidal and never with the Onkyo player. I also noticed that it is more likely to trigger the noise when volume is above 120.

Try put a thin piece of plastic between the earphones jack and the dap metal body for isolation. It may be the cause.

Quote:

You're the man with inside information on the DP-X1. So is this considered a fault that is common, or is isolated?

My balanced port is literally unusable. I always have a volume difference and/or crackling sound no matter what I do
I tried with 3 different cables & headphones with 4 different TRRS plugs (I re-terminated an Eidolic to Ranko)...no luck. If I play around with the plug for a couple of minutes and then don't ever move again its tolerable. The trick with the thin piece of plastic didn't help either. Not a very happy camper :frowning2: Wish I could just return it. I will contact Kaneda from PriceJapan tomorrow to see if anything can be done

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #5,599 of 16,326

My balanced port is literally unusable. I always have a volume difference and/or crackling sound no matter what I do
I tried with 3 different cables & headphones with 4 different TRRS plugs (I re-terminated an Eidolic to Ranko)...no luck. If I play around with the plug for a couple of minutes and then don't ever move again its tolerable. The trick with the thin piece of plastic didn't help either. Not a very happy camper :frowning2: Wish I could just return it. I will contact Kaneda from PriceJapan tomorrow to see if anything can be done

That is too bad, and certainly the first I have heard about a problem of this magnitude. They should most definitely send you a new unit. If they don't if I were you I would write a nice and polite, but firm letter to Onkyo requesting that they help you get a replacement. Companies do not want bad publicity, and well they shouldn't so if you are polite, but insistent on being taken care of, I am quite sure you will be. Good luck, and sorry again to hear of your problem.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #5,602 of 16,326
Acrylic fills should works fine
biggrin.gif

How about some Me Doh??

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #5,603 of 16,326
bought mine last week and havent got time to play around with it. Just copied my songs library to SD card. Purposely leave the internal memory not for songs. Previous owner of ak120 then 240 and now this. Plan to get rid of the AK if this is good enough.

QUESTION : How do I create a playlist on the default app for Onkyo ? And whats the intuitive way to add your favorite songs into the playlist ?

My style of listening is usually listening through my library then as I listen, slowly one by one add a better songs into a separate Favorite playlist. I have no problems with other DAP doing this but couldnt find an intuitive ways on the default player

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #5,605 of 16,326

QUESTION : How do I create a playlist on the default app for Onkyo ? And whats the intuitive way to add your favorite songs into the playlist ?

The Million Dollar Question
I'm still trying to work it out. 
blink.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #5,607 of 16,326
  Are these only available via the Internet? Will they be carried in a big box store, or at least through them?

If you mean the DAP itself, no to big box stores, unless they carry ONKYO, and even then hard to say. I guess if demand is high enough you might see them in big box retailers. Internet sales are already there through Japan and some Amazon merchants, but I suspect you know this already.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #5,609 of 16,326
  If you mean the DAP itself, no to big box stores, unless they carry ONKYO, and even then hard to say. I guess if demand is high enough you might see them in big box retailers. Internet sales are already there through Japan and some Amazon merchants, but I suspect you know this already.

This is killing it for me. I want there to be stock "stateside" in case I need to get this item swapped out. Who is the most reputable dealer on Amazon to purchase from?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #5,610 of 16,326
This is killing it for me. I want there to be stock "stateside" in case I need to get this item swapped out. Who is the most reputable dealer on Amazon to purchase from?

It is getting a US release in April, and I would wait for it until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back