ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #5,566 of 16,326
I ordered a Dignis case earlier today.

[COLOR=222222]Jeongjae confirmed that they will be introducing a red version in addition to the black. It's not confirmed when, but maybe sometime in the next month. They don't take pre-orders so it's a case of waiting until availability is confirmed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I went ahead and ordered the black one. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Cost via EMS shipping to the UK was USD 67.64, so should be a little shy of GBP 50 once credit card transaction fees etc. are taken into account.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]A slower shipping option is available that takes an estimated 2 weeks to the UK at a saving of USD 16.71[/COLOR]

I just ordered one with EMS and the price is $69.89 in 3-5 days.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #5,567 of 16,326
Don't have fitear, se846 last time I hear it long time ago - can not be correct, but Radius got itself wow effect, now, after burn 30 hours - something unique and own signature because of [COLOR=333333]it is a ceramic piezo-high-frequency vibration plate inside, so all above 10kHz  you can hear "thru" like second wave, [/COLOR]low frequencies are very tender, juicy, and through them hear high frequencies, without cereal or mud, it is very clear, as if the sound from a different point.

more can say after complete burn in 100- 150 hours

as I tried to search at ebay or amazon, even china sites - not available - so better to buy direct in japan

Thanks for providing us impression on such a new-tech earphones!

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #5,569 of 16,326
I don't think piezo based speakers are at all new technology, rather old isn't it? Unless I'm mistaken I had piezo tweeters for instance in speakers back in the early 90s.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #5,570 of 16,326
  I don't think piezo based speakers are at all new technology, rather old isn't it? Unless I'm mistaken I had piezo tweeters for instance in speakers back in the early 90s.

technology is not standing at 90s, even now we don't use vinil or walkmans, but iPhones and such stuff. Who can imagine that 25 years ago?
I remember that "not spectacular" experience with piezo in 90s - here is something different, completely new japanese engineering unit in new type of product. And I can say it is well build, not crude is crude, but thoughtful, and there is a right way may be.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #5,571 of 16,326
Well, yes, things get refined of course, new advancements, but all I was saying is this is an old technology repurposed, and I'm sure as you said improved. The speakers in the 90s weren't radio shack kit speakers, they were pretty good if I remember so it isn't like there was no refinement back then.

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #5,572 of 16,326
You welcome,

and one more comment can say:
it is very harmonic feeling how sound flow, layers not separate, nor muddy, just like more spherical or 3D wide and deep soundstage, every instrument is on own place, can hear each clear and very organic way.

Sound interesting!

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,573 of 16,326
  technology is not standing at 90s, even now we don't use vinil or walkmans, but iPhones and such stuff. Who can imagine that 25 years ago?
I remember that "not spectacular" experience with piezo in 90s - here is something different, completely new japanese engineering unit in new type of product. And I can say it is well build, not crude is crude, but thoughtful, and there is a right way may be.

Well, actually we do still use vinyl, quite a bit actually, and ultimately what we hear is analogue. And yes, you can bet 25 years ago they weren't just dreaming of the technology we have today, they were planning for it and innovating. We see things as popping out of nowhere, but science builds upon science, and the seeds of ideas have been planted long before we see the plant spring out of the earth.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #5,574 of 16,326
  ... even now we don't use vinil ...

You may not, but as much as I love my digital technology, my favourite way of listening to music is with the needle in the groove 
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back