ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 7, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #5,056 of 16,326
Anyone else getting a Dignis case? Mine will be here next week
smily_headphones1.gif

how much this case cost??
and where to buy?
thanks

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,059 of 16,326
Still listening to the X1 with my CDM in balanced line out/in mode but playing around with the digital filter settings. What seems to be the consensus on what the settings are in plain english:

Sharp - minimum phase?
Slow - linear phase?
Short - ??

Thanks

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #5,060 of 16,326
Apologies if this is a newbie question or answered elsewhere in this long thread: Is the way DP-X1 outputs DSD the same as other DAC's DoP, or is it more downsampled to standard PCM output.(EG - 24/192)? Thanks for any education and clarification!

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #5,061 of 16,326
You know what, the DP-X1 is actually driving my 400i pretty well (balanced). Surprised actually. It won't replace my home rig, but when I don't want to fire up the main rig and I want more soundstage and treble than I will get with the PM3 the 400i and Onkyo are working just fine. Pleasantly surprised. Thanks @PETEREK for the awesome balanced adapter for my 400i.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #5,063 of 16,326
Apologies if this is a newbie question or answered elsewhere in this long thread: Is the way DP-X1 outputs DSD the same as other DAC's DoP, or is it more downsampled to standard PCM output.(EG - 24/192)? Thanks for any education and clarification!

There's are 3 different ways - pcm, dop or direct transfer. (selectable via settings within music app)

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #5,064 of 16,326
There's are 3 different ways - pcm, dop or direct transfer. (selectable via settings within music app)

The default onkyo music player app.? Thanks.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #5,065 of 16,326
Feb 8, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #5,066 of 16,326
   Yeah. Sorry about that. Last night at 4.30am my time after drowning my sorrows all night my judgement was a little ,,,er,,impaired :wink:

To not think about things i read about this player all day long. How you checked out the youtube clips on this player? All in Japanese - total flip time. I've been hunting down every scrap of info i can find on this player. Apart from filling a need, damm tnis is a sexy machine. From what i can understand though its only available in Japan. When is that likely to change?

It is on easybay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ONKYO-DP-X1-Hi-Res-Sound-Digital-Audio-Player-32GB-with-DAC-Headphone-Amp-/262268770720?hash=item3d106fd9a0:g:hLcAAOSwJb9WrZuk
Too much money though.  Setup a paypally account and then setup a zenmarket.jp account and shop for it in Japan for around $500.00 minimum.  Choose Fedex for shipping and get it within 7 days.  Mine comes in this  Thursday :)  Zenmarket.jp has links to several external online Japanese shops.  1. at zenmarket's site - look for the player, 2. paste the url in zenmarket's online form. 3. you will have to pay for it through paypal.  3. They will order it for you and bring it back to zenmarket. 4. you have to choose and pay for shipping.  If you want it quickly, you should go to the zenmarket website and learn how to use it...  I'd say, It can be in your hands in about two weeks.  Fedex is the fastest, but EMS is just a few dollars cheaper, but also slower.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #5,067 of 16,326
Thanks Hitech.

Probably not going to help me ...big day tomorrow.......I can order it in but no way to get it delivered to me locally while on holidays. *Sigh*

Still, going to check it all out and see how to order it from Japan and how it all works. May as well.

Thanks again for the heads up.

JJ

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #5,068 of 16,326
  Thanks Hitech.

Probably not going to help me ...big day tomorrow.......I can order it in but no way to get it delivered to me locally while on holidays. *Sigh*

Still, going to check it all out and see how to order it from Japan and how it all works. May as well.

Thanks again for the heads up.

JJ

Why don't you wait for a proper ver coming out in US in April ? The current ver is so so which contains many issues with build quality and software....not to mention the hassle of getting balanced cable for many newcomers 
I'm curious, how did you know about this player as you just joined this forum recently as for this player purposely? There are X7, QP1R, ZX2...etc why this? It's not even being mentioned around in western media.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #5,069 of 16,326
Hitec,

Any hints on which shops/sites in Jpn i should be looking at - a quick browse shows me the price to be around 68,0000 to 70,000 YEN - approx $600 USD.

Where are these DAPS at around $500-ish ? 

I do understand your comments above are only a guide so i am not saying you said i can expect to get it at around 500...... just wondering if you have any sites that i could look at with better pricing then what i am seeing so far.

Thanks

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #5,070 of 16,326
  Hitec,

Any hints on which shops/sites in Jpn i should be looking at - a quick browse shows me the price to be around 68,0000 to 70,000 YEN - approx $600 USD.

Where are these DAPS at around $500-ish ? 

I do understand your comments above are only a guide so i am not saying you said i can expect to get it at around 500...... just wondering if you have any sites that i could look at with better pricing then what i am seeing so far.

Thanks

there are no $500 ish...
please note, you are risking buying the unit without proper third-party helping you with warranty (this current launch has issues) or you just buy it without caring about warranty at all . In case, you need to send it back to Japan not US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back