ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 16, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #10,322 of 16,326
  My music is in mp3 format and only tagged in ApeV2(ID3V1, ID3V2, ApeV2). Is this tagging info compatible with the DP-X1?  If an albums has multiple discs and has the disc number followed by the track number in the file name would it show up properly or would it show disc 1 track 2 and ten disc 2 track 1 and so on?

if you use the library view (genre, artist, album) you get the songs ordered by the tag TRACK NUMBER, not by file name, i think.
You must use folder view to get order by file name.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #10,324 of 16,326
My misc is all mp3 the genre artist album and such information is tagged in ApeV2(ID3V1, ID3V2, ApeV2).  Will my music show up as I have tagged it in MP3Tag?  I retagged all of my music to this format because for my Fiio X5 1st Generation.  It is all it will read.  I really do not want to retag my music again.

Jul 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #10,325 of 16,326
  My misc is all mp3 the genre artist album and such information is tagged in ApeV2(ID3V1, ID3V2, ApeV2).  Will my music show up as I have tagged it in MP3Tag?  I retagged all of my music to this format because for my Fiio X5 1st Generation.  It is all it will read.  I really do not want to retag my music again.

This is a good question, but i have no idea.
All my music is in flac format and i retagged all of it with mp3tag to FLAC(FLAC) because of problems with my iBasso DX80 :)

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #10,326 of 16,326
Sorry for the poor quality, my window near the table has a green awning which colours the light. I'll have to get some better shots. I also have the ONKYO H500BT which I reviewed and really like. The A800 is very good and I'm going to review it in a little over a week as I need more time to get acclimated and to test the signature. Cheers.

Thanks! Looking forward for your review.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10,327 of 16,326
Hi, i am new to using the awesome DP-X1, this may sound like a stupid question but i'm just wondering if there is a way to turn on the DAP without having to fully power off the whole device? Powering back on will take ages before i could listen to my tunes. If i'd lock the device the battery drain is crazy even if i were to set it to airplane mode. Thanks in advance guys!

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #10,328 of 16,326
Hi, i am new to using the awesome DP-X1, this may sound like a stupid question but i'm just wondering if there is a way to turn on the DAP without having to fully power off the whole device? Powering back on will take ages before i could listen to my tunes. If i'd lock the device the battery drain is crazy even if i were to set it to airplane mode. Thanks in advance guys!

I leave mine on all the time and if I do not use it, it will stay on standby for around 5 days or more. I keep mine in airplane mode with wifi off.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #10,329 of 16,326
Thanks! Looking forward for your review.

I can tell you now it is going to be a good review as the A800 is indeed impressive.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #10,330 of 16,326
I leave mine on all the time and if I do not use it, it will stay on standby for around 5 days or more. I keep mine in airplane mode with wifi off.

Thank you :D

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #10,331 of 16,326

Thank you :D

Hope this works for you. I have mine on with Airplane Mode, WiFi and Bluetooth turned off and can still only get five hours max on a charge. Have also tried the Battery Doctor app, but nothing helps. Love the SQ of this player, but I'm returning it tomorrow.( Battery started draining immediately after I took it off the charger this morning and turned it on. Hadn't even started playing any music!)

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #10,332 of 16,326
  Hope this works for you. I have mine on with Airplane Mode, WiFi and Bluetooth turned off and can still only get five hours max on a charge. Have also tried the Battery Doctor app, but nothing helps. Love the SQ of this player, but I'm returning it tomorrow.( Battery started draining immediately after I took it off the charger this morning and turned it on. Hadn't even started playing any music!)

It is very possible the battery is defective, or some circuitry is faulty and drawing more power than it should. Are you going to get a replacement unit?

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #10,333 of 16,326
  It is very possible the battery is defective, or some circuitry is faulty and drawing more power than it should. Are you going to get a replacement unit?

If the seller has a replacement unit and can test the battery for me before shipping, I'd love to have a new one. The SQ of this player is wonderful. Just don't want to have to be charging it every day since charging the player I have now takes forever.( Have to leave it overnight to get a full charge.)

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #10,334 of 16,326
  If the seller has a replacement unit and can test the battery for me before shipping, I'd love to have a new one. The SQ of this player is wonderful. Just don't want to have to be charging it every day since charging the player I have now takes forever.( Have to leave it overnight to get a full charge.)

Hopefully they are able to take care of you, or wait for a while as I believe ONKYO has put effort into fixing the jacks and new stock should be filling up vendors stock soon if I understand correctly. I believe that slow chargers are actually better for the health of a battery (although less convenient) so maybe it will be worth living with a slower charger as long as the battery is able to charge properly.

Jul 17, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #10,335 of 16,326

Have also tried the Battery Doctor app, but nothing helps. 

What did Battery Doctor tell you was causing the battery drain?

All Android devices occasionally throw a wobbly and start killing the battery.

Sometimes turning off clears it, occasionally a factory reset is required, very very rarely these days it's a faulty battery that's the root cause.

I've seen very few reports of battery problems so if you have been unlucky and got a bad 'un, don't be afraid to exchange it. I'm still getting 10-12 hours from mine and I think most other users are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back