ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 16, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #10,306 of 16,326
For all you people who are enjoying the DP-X1, which means to an extent how ONKYO tunes their sound, I have to tell you the new open backed A800 headphone from ONKYO is sick. Really impressive. Loving it with the iDSD Micro and looking forward to testing it with the HA2.

Any photos? Haven't seen an Onkyo headphone in a long time.

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #10,307 of 16,326
here they are:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/793885/onkyo-a800-and-h900m-full-size-headphones-shipping-march-2016
But no balanced version anounced.
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #10,311 of 16,326
I am thinking of selling my dpx1 with dignis case. Interested to sale to local first, I am in Australia. Buyers must have previous selling history on head-fi. Sorry for going off topic, I havent posted the classified yet. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #10,312 of 16,326
I am thinking of selling my dpx1 with dignis case. Interested to sale to local first, I am in Australia. Buyers must have previous selling history on head-fi. Sorry for going off topic, I havent posted the classified yet. 

Why are you selling it?? It's a shame only bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and just got the dignis case.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #10,313 of 16,326
Why are you selling it?? It's a shame only bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and just got the dignis case.

I waited and waited for the onkyo to release a new app to improve UI but it seems like it is not happening. That and the fact that it is too large to take on my daily commute in the span of the short time I have bought it I only used it for less than 80 hours. . No matter how good it sound I have much better sounding DAP with the same poor UI. I dont really want another dap that I am forced to use folders to navigate, hence why I am selling it.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #10,314 of 16,326
  I waited and waited for the onkyo to release a new app to improve UI but it seems like it is not happening. That and the fact that it is too large to take on my daily commute in the span of the short time I have bought it I only used it for less than 80 hours. . No matter how good it sound I have much better sounding DAP with the same poor UI. I dont really want another dap that I am forced to use folders to navigate, hence why I am selling it.

The UI never struck me as bad in anyway, what specifically do you object to? I never used folder browsing, but then again my collection was all well tagged and easy to keep organized. I say that as early on in the thread there were a few people who had huge collections that they didn't purchase, just grabbed for free from all over the Internet, so the tagging was inconsistent, plus they had a zillion of these pseudo artists that produce a few cuts, disappear, start under a new name .... Essentially they had a very large, very hard to organize library. I have no idea if that is any of what you are experiencing, that is why I'm asking what aspects of the UI for you are the issue.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #10,315 of 16,326

Quote:
Any photos? Haven't seen an Onkyo headphone in a long time.

Sorry for the poor quality, my window near the table has a green awning which colours the light. I'll have to get some better shots. I also have the ONKYO H500BT which I reviewed and really like. The A800 is very good and I'm going to review it in a little over a week as I need more time to get acclimated and to test the signature. Cheers.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #10,316 of 16,326
  The UI never struck me as bad in anyway, what specifically do you object to? I never used folder browsing, but then again my collection was all well tagged and easy to keep organized. I say that as early on in the thread there were a few people who had huge collections that they didn't purchase, just grabbed for free from all over the Internet, so the tagging was inconsistent, plus they had a zillion of these pseudo artists that produce a few cuts, disappear, start under a new name .... Essentially they had a very large, very hard to organize library. I have no idea if that is any of what you are experiencing, that is why I'm asking what aspects of the UI for you are the issue.

Lack of dynamic playlist creation, how albums art are displayed when browsing not fully utilising the entire screen. I am a great fan of NePlayer and to me that is a great example of how a perfect UI is. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #10,317 of 16,326
  Wonder if you were shipped a returned unit? Speculating of course, but I don't think I have heard of a DOA yet, but I could be mistaken. Sorry about your luck, the DP-X1 is a gorgeous sounding DAP.

I guess it's possible but it seemed new. I tried a couple different pairs of headphones / earphones and line out cables and they all exhibit the same issue. You have to push up or down sideways to get the player to stay connected. Once it finally outputs sound it will work for a time being, and then cut out. From my limited testing, I'm not sure it sounds a whole lot better than my AK JR with my Shure KSE1500's. Also, it is a wider than I thought and doesn't fit super nice in my pocket. I have some Noble Audio K10U's on the way, but they are still a few weeks out. Not sure if I will request a refund or exchange. At least Crutchfield has a nice 60 day return policy.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #10,320 of 16,326
My music is in mp3 format and only tagged in ApeV2(ID3V1, ID3V2, ApeV2). Is this tagging info compatible with the DP-X1?  If an albums has multiple discs and has the disc number followed by the track number in the file name would it show up properly or would it show disc 1 track 2 and ten disc 2 track 1 and so on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back