ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 15, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #10,267 of 16,326

Hrrrrr......
How well inserts jack? No movement, no loss of signal? Especially in balanced. If any loss of signal persist, sent it back.

Shame on Onkyo. Again.

No loss of signal but it's not sitting tight. You can move Your jack in every direction when it's plugged. Both jacks. Doesn't feel sturdy at all.

Jack sockets, especially 2,5mm are loose.

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #10,268 of 16,326

No loss of signal but it's not sitting tight. You can move Your jack in every direction when it's plugged. Both jacks. Doesn't feel sturdy at all.

Jack sockets, especially 2,5mm are loose.

The same as mine..... Good for me - both sockets almost symmetrical.
After warraty will be goen, will be looking for possibility to change sockets for more sturdy and stable.

Onkyo DP X1 it is thing to love and hate at the same time....

Best regards from Vilnius to Warsaw!
beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #10,269 of 16,326
Seems like kaneda has been through and accident and his now trying his best to reply thousands of emails through his absence. My unit has a problem the next day I got it and it's been 3 months since he last got back to me.

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #10,272 of 16,326

The same as mine..... Good for me - both sockets almost symmetrical.
After warraty will be goen, will be looking for possibility to change sockets for more sturdy and stable.

Onkyo DP X1 it is thing to love and hate at the same time....

Best regards from Vilnius to Warsaw!
beerchug.gif

Got one from custom-cable.co.uk
Both sockets are 100% centered and there is no play. While I have no loss of signal and no play, the jacks don't seem very sturdy. 

Yesterday I had some problems with the microsd card (slot 1, slot 2 isn't used yet) which was mounting/unmounting by itself. Today it seems fine.

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #10,273 of 16,326
Absolutely not a placebo. Each player software have own sound signature. EQ working more effective on VLC, Foobar have Maier crossfeed, etc.
Native Onkyo player lack of detail, depth, sparkle for me - first listening impression - dull. Even with high resolution 24/192 files. 

You mean the Onkyo HF Player? If so, I do not have any problems at all. I am listening to 320 bps and 16/44.1.

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #10,274 of 16,326
Does anyone know if E-Infinity is a legit online seller? From my research it would appear so but they are selling the DP-X1 for £210 less than other UK sellers. Makes me sceptical, verging on paranoid!

Does anyone have experience with this seller?

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #10,275 of 16,326
  Does anyone know if E-Infinity is a legit online seller? From my research it would appear so but they are selling the DP-X1 for £210 less than other UK sellers. Makes me sceptical, verging on paranoid!

Does anyone have experience with this seller?

Looks not bad: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/e-infin.com

UK warehouse - good too. But - ask about warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back