ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #7,411 of 16,326
  So far I only know of Tidal and the music app that it comes with that supports balanced out.  Any others?  

Balanced out is a feature of the hardware design - works with all apps 
smile.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #7,414 of 16,326
  So far I only know of Tidal and the music app that it comes with that supports balanced out.  Any others?  

I'm using UAPP that seems to work fine. I think most if not all apps should work balanced

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #7,415 of 16,326
weird... because I have the exact setup and hissing happens when I'm on any 3rd party music player (Tidal, apple music and sound Cloud)  on the local music player yes it's clean but the sound coming out of the BALANCE out is too minuscule coming from the SE535.  I only use it now to work out.  My bigger cans are the only thing i plug on my DP-X1 balanced.

I have read in this forum Tidal causes problems but I am using Onkyo HF player and music is downloaded online.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #7,418 of 16,326
Help! I am having a noise issue with the X1while playing Spotify.  It stops between tracks, so it's just when the music is playing.  When it's playing through the regular, 2.5mm balanced, or to an amp I get a lot of noise.  No problems through the stock onkyo player.  And it's not interference, it happens when I am off  line too.  It happens with 3 different earphones as well.  And not with my phone on Spotify.

I did download the new update.  Is there a way to reset to the original software?

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #7,419 of 16,326
  Help! I am having a noise issue with the X1while playing Spotify.  It stops between tracks, so it's just when the music is playing.  When it's playing through the regular, 2.5mm balanced, or to an amp I get a lot of noise.  No problems through the stock onkyo player.  And it's not interference, it happens when I am off  line too.  It happens with 3 different earphones as well.  And not with my phone on Spotify.

I did download the new update.  Is there a way to reset to the original software?

It's a known issue and hopefully Onkyo will fix it at some point.

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #7,424 of 16,326
If anyone is looking for a good Bluetooth remote. All media functions work great with the music app.

http://amzn.com/B00WFXWKY4

Fintie Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Remote Music Control Camera Shutter for iOS and Android Smartphones Tablets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back