ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 24, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #706 of 16,328
Not me la, all of my IEMs are mostly driven straight from my AK. Amps might improve or worsen things bcos of the coloration they bring. That's another playground altogether. Good going on this one tho. Get a nice DAP to settle all your IEM needs.

thanks for the advice bro. hoping the onkyo would prove to be a good investment. actually took a liking to it because it has the 2.5mm balanced output which none of the other daps (affordable) have.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #707 of 16,328
thanks for the advice bro. hoping the onkyo would prove to be a good investment. actually took a liking to it because it has the 2.5mm balanced output which none of the other daps (affordable) have.

Well said. I got the Glove A1 to go with old AK120 and balanced out was a revelation. Having said that, balanced out has less impact on some devices, not least the ALO CDM that I'm using now with an iPhone, than the Glove. Mind you, the CDM is better to start with through its single-ended earphone output so it's less of a big deal.

I'm hoping that I can do 2.5mm balanced out from X1 to 2.5mm balanced in on the CDM, then 2.5mm balanced out IEMs from the CDM.
Will be nice to just leave the Onkyo strapped to the CDM for my weekday commute, rather than constantly connecting and disconnecting an iPhone (and still enjoying Tidal from the Onkyo); and then taking out just the Onkyo - still with 2.5mm balanced out IEM cable - at weekends.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #708 of 16,328
Well said. I got the Glove A1 to go with old AK120 and balanced out was a revelation. Having said that, balanced out has less impact on some devices, not least the ALO CDM that I'm using now with an iPhone, than the Glove. Mind you, the CDM is better to start with through its single-ended earphone output so it's less of a big deal.

I'm hoping that I can do 2.5mm balanced out from X1 to 2.5mm balanced in on the CDM, then 2.5mm balanced out IEMs from the CDM.
Will be nice to just leave the Onkyo strapped to the CDM for my weekday commute, rather than constantly connecting and disconnecting an iPhone (and still enjoying Tidal from the Onkyo); and then taking out just the Onkyo - still with 2.5mm balanced out IEM cable - at weekends.

Will be very interesting to see how the DAC in the DP-X1 compares with the DAC in the CDM!

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #709 of 16,328
Will be very interesting to see how the DAC in the DP-X1 compares with the DAC in the CDM!

Agreed sir. I have a Hugo and I know some folks think the Hugo DAC is noticeably better than the one in the CDM. Personally, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of the CDM DAC as well as the amp when I'm using the iPhone as transport.
I'll be quite happy to use the Onkyo as transport with the CDM's DAC and amp, or use the Onkyo's DAC, and then hopefully enjoy the Onkyo by itself when jeans / jacket pocket portability is the main concern.

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #710 of 16,328
Took the plunge. Put in a order on price japan. Hopefully everything will turn out good. =D

I have pulled the trigger and preordered also. Hope pricejapan delivers exactly at the release!

long live japan and their products... :D

0.jpg

and now we wait.

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #711 of 16,328
I placed an order as well... 
The seller is in Virginia, U.S.
The total price is $580... I think this is amazing..

I think this will easily beat HM901, AK240, Fiio, cellphone DACs. I hope they ship this before November 20th.
DP-X1 can play video files as well..

I will get two of 200GB microSD cards as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ?keywords=microsd&qid=1445818523&ref_=sr_1_45&s=pc&sr=1-45

It will be total 432GB internal storage. This microSD card alone costs 170 dollars... I think it will take some time to get two of them.

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #712 of 16,328

I think this will easily beat HM901, AK240, Fiio, cellphone DACs. I hope they ship this before November 20th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ?keywords=microsd&qid=1445818523&ref_=sr_1_45&s=pc&sr=1-45

It will be total 432GB internal storage.

Nice deal for 580 got mine for 629USD with shipping!

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #713 of 16,328

Nice deal for 580 got mine for 629USD with shipping!

On PriceJapan site, you can choose EMS as shipping method. They will charge only about 20 dollars for that.
So, you will pay total 580 include shipping. 
If you choose Fedex as shipping, they will charge perhaps 40 dollars... 
Cancel your order and place an order again with EMS on pricejapan.com.

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #714 of 16,328
On PriceJapan site, you can choose EMS as shipping method. They will charge only about 20 dollars for that.
So, you will pay total 580 include shipping. 
If you choose Fedex as shipping, they will charge perhaps 40 dollars... 
Cancel your order and place an order again with EMS on pricejapan.com.

I purposely chose FEDEX as its door to door, and I have bad experience from EMS in the past so. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #716 of 16,328

It will be total 432GB internal storage. This microSD card alone costs 170 dollars... I think it will take some time to get two of them.

Holy ****! 432GB? Hmm, the dap doesn't play video files too. :evil:

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #717 of 16,328
No DP-X1, in fact no Onkyo booth, at the Tokyo show today . . .   

That's surprising. Hoped to get some impressions from those at the show.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #719 of 16,328
The show is supposed to be 3 days right? What are the chances it would show up on the 2nd or last day? I don't want to lose hope yet, still would probably buy even without impression though.

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #720 of 16,328
The show is supposed to be 3 days right? What are the chances it would show up on the 2nd or last day? I don't want to lose hope yet, still would probably buy even without impression though.

IME it's odd for a company to only present during certain days of a show, especially since booths are usually assigned for the duration of a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back