ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #5,686 of 16,326
Feb 23, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #5,687 of 16,326
  Still listening and testing out my DP-X1 and will share impressions soon. However, I experienced a few "quirks" that may help some folks if they saw the same:
  1. I recommend you erase/format your SD card inside the DP-X1. I did a FAT32 format and copied 350 GB of music across 2 x 200 GB sd cards and when I plugged them into the DP-X1, it just wiped out all files. I had to format with the DP-X1 and after that I could use my Mac's SD card slot or AFT to copy files to the sd cards without issue. Mac users, you should use Blue Harvest to remove all of those extra Mac OS hidden files.

My unit is coming tomorrow but this statement scares me a little.  All my micro SD is formatted as Fat32 for compatibility with my Plenue D.  Is this right that if you insert Fat32 cards into the Onkyo it will wipe out the card?  A search seems to indicate no one else reporting such a issue.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #5,689 of 16,326

My unit is coming tomorrow but this statement scares me a little.  All my micro SD is formatted as Fat32 for compatibility with my Plenue D.  Is this right that if you insert Fat32 cards into the Onkyo it will wipe out the card?  A search seems to indicate no one else reporting such a issue.

It did for me, but I maybe didn't format with the correct options from my Mac when I had to select scheme (GUID or MBR) . Fat32 should work fine with Android. My decision to reformat in the device is to make sure it is formatted correctly for the device. Same thing I do with my SD cards for my digital camera.

You may want to test with another card just to be sure. Also keep in mind that Android will write system files to each card so not sure if your Plenue will ignore it or not.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #5,690 of 16,326
  Make sure you have wi-fi up and running.
Go  to Play Store on main screen.
Search for onkyo music player.
Scroll down to Music (app - Onkyo Corporation), will have installed in green next to it.
Click on it and update.
Easy.

Very crappy search functionality on the Play Store. When I searched for music Onkyo or Onkyo music it didn't retrieve the Music app. Doing the search exactly as you said did of course find it, but I've never seen a search that didn't retrieve closely related searches as relevant. Maybe I missed it before, if not damn that is bad search.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #5,692 of 16,326
Just to confirm the Flare R2pro sound excellent with the dp-x1. Lovely synergy, bass is deep and impactful with lush mids and smooth highs.

The dp-x1 is making all my phones shine!  

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #5,694 of 16,326
  Are you running those Pros SE or balanced? I can only run SE and I concur, they are a nice pair. Background is pitch black, too.

Running them SE, wouldn't know where to start in the UK with getting balanced cables for them or getting them fitted.  

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #5,696 of 16,326
Nice! Also still hoping next FW adds USB DAC...would be a huge plus for me to purchase.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #5,699 of 16,326

Music software updated. Folder browsing is there

Cool finally folder browsing!

YaY!!!!!
For me the one thing that was missing and yet a simple update to the app was all that was needed.
Thankfully Onkyo listened and judging by the FW and SW updates we have a manufacturer that puts the customer and their experience 1st.

(I'm sounding like an employee of Onkyo here!)

EDIT: I like the fact that Folders are also the 1st option and not the last.

Quote:

I think these cards should work without any issues. I did not experience my DAP wiping any cards, but as suggested if you have a spare card try that first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back