1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
Next

Last
  1. singleended58

Same here. Still waiting my DP-X1 and hope it will arrive next week.

2. Hitec
    ..makes sense, but what happens to all the offline downloaded music after you cancel your subscription - do you get to keep it, or is it only available if you are paying a subscription?

FarmAndrex likes this.
  3. Peridot

I hope it does, and I look forward to hearing your impressions of it.

Patience is a strange thing ... I was quite happy to spend months reading about this and other DAPs and taking my time deciding what I wanted to buy.

However, having ordered the Onkyo, I want it in my hands NOW [​IMG] 

FarmAndrex likes this.
  4. Hitec

I was waiting too, but now I feel privileged knowing that I'm listening to mine right NOW, and can tease you about how GOOD it sounds, dang, hold one, let me rewind, ok I'm back, wait a minute the realism there just tickled me with chills.  Ok, yes, you will get yours too ONE DAY   :)

5. singleended58

WAITING TIME for good portable audio stuffs is worth as I did for Chord Mojo and Cavalli Liquid Carbon balanced amp in couple months ago which I was not regretting!!!

6. Peridot

I also have the pleasure of a Liquid Carbon to keep me company while I wait.

The trains I travel to work on have power sockets and I have been tempted to take it with me once or twice. I might do it one day  [​IMG]

7. Sonic Defender Contributor
    That would be worthy of a photo upload if you do. I would love an LC.

8. Peridot

I'll swap you for your M3 [​IMG]

I wonder if I should knock up a cable to try balanced output from the DP-X1 into the LC?

It would be something to keep me amused while I'm WAITING  [​IMG] 

9. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Tempting, but the M3 matches my décor [​IMG] Yes you should make a balanced cable, you know ​you're going to want one anyway so get to it man. 

Peridot likes this.
  10. masterpfa
    Same here, not only that hopefully when released MQA will be at the same price especially as non MQA files will most likely be 24Bit 44.1 FLAC files on Tidal but for capable DAP's ie DP-X1 it could play at a higher bit rate. I am currently on a 3 month free trial, with another 3 months to follow on the EchoBox kickstarter promotion

It's the price you pay for a subscription, the music you never own, but neither do you for your Satellite or Cable subscriptions own the TV series and Films we all watch (well not all as I'm sure someone will state they don't).
    Plus there's nothing stopping any of us purchasing music we really want to keep. Well I do at least

11. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Thanks, I didn't want to have to post about that! I also purchase the music I discover I love and want as hard copy. Mind you, since Tidal, I have really slowed down on CD/download music purchases, but I still do buy some.

FarmAndrex likes this.
  12. masterpfa
    Tidal I find is a great way to discover new music and of all genres, probably music I may never have listened too otherwise

13. Sonic Defender Contributor
    LOL, that is exactly how I feel. I have discovered music I would ordinarily not bother checking out. Great way to expand your horizons.

14. FidelityCastro

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

This stuff costs money to create, record and market. If the musicians / artists don't get paid then we'll be left with a bunch of bedroom studio people issuing music as a hobby (of which I'm one, but that doesn't mean I want a world without pro bands). The 'net and digital music has meant that you don't need record companies and distributors as much. So the middle man loses his or her job, but the music is cheaper than ever. Paid streaming doesn't pay artists as well as selling albums, but it's better than nothing.
    The cost of Tidal's premium service is the same as two CDs. I probably download 10 Tidal albums for offline listening per month, amd listen to a bunch of tracks by new artists as well. If you listen to a lot of music, it's great value, IMHO.

15. Chevalierr
    Just ordered mine from PriceJapan. Will pair it with my noble k10.

Got poisoned from all the reviews I read. Now, should I get a balanced cable.... Hmmm

First

Back
354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
Next

Last