ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 7, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,861 of 16,328
Using a sensitive iem reveals how noisy and hissy the ZX2 really is. And I'm glad Shigzeo's RMAA results confirm that it's not me going insane.

I'm still keeping my ZX2 though, because for iem use, it's still king in regards to battery life when you take into account all it can do compared to  -ALL- the other daps and phones out there.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,864 of 16,328
Wow, I feel bad for the early owners of this device. All these absurd requests to install this or that app, comparisons to this or that DAP, not to mention the ridiculous redundant questions from other people that are too lazy to just read through the thread.

The indonesian guy has region issue and this is so far as I know the 2nd guy who has it.
If you do not have anything to reply, just don't reply this thread.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,865 of 16,328
Wow, I feel bad for the early owners of this device. All these absurd requests to install this or that app, comparisons to this or that DAP, not to mention the ridiculous redundant questions from other people that are too lazy to just read through the thread.

This is ONKYO DP-X1 thread, so I guess every topic and question relate to DP-X1 is okay? At least this thread won't change into ZX2 thread LOL 

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #1,866 of 16,328
The indonesian guy has region issue and this is so far as I know the 2nd guy who has it.
If you do not have anything to reply, just don't reply this thread.

Umm how about try being a reasonable person and don't ask random people on the internet to install an app they don't even use just so they can confirm what you already know: that it runs Spotify. We know it will based on specs and OS. So why pester someone to confirm what you already know?

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,867 of 16,328

well, yes, but those early adopters posting here are kind enough to share their experience, opinions and comparisons if possible. i think this is what head-fi is for and those kind people know that many questions are coming.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #1,868 of 16,328
Also not everyone uses an Android OS that knows how it actually works. There are phone/tablet ( too fragmented ). So I'm not sure if the app can be installed as I'd be using this quite significantly.

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,869 of 16,328

@Jazzkammer, I thank you for your spirited and world weary admonishment of those who can't be bothered to read the thread like some of crazy us fools do. You're right - first owners get the responsibility to share the info (I suppose we could order one and keep it quiet, but then we wouldn't have a web forum in the first place).

On the other hand, I'm treating this like karma. I've asked a few silly questions on here (apologies, @snip3r77), and generally someone has been gracious / patient enough to answer, so I'll try to so the same.

Also not everyone uses an Android OS that knows how it actually works. There are phone/tablet ( too fragmented ). So I'm not sure if the app can be installed as I'd be using this quite significantly.

@snip3r77, I'm an Android noob as well, but it basically makes these things a smartphone without the SIM and telephony. So all the streaming services should install and work. Regional access may depend on where you started your account - this certainly applies with iTunes, for example. I installed Tidal and logged into my existing account and it worked fine. (And no, I'm not installing Spotify to check, lol - internal memory isn't great to start with!)

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #1,870 of 16,328
@Jazzkammer, I thank you for your spirited and world weary admonishment of those who can't be bothered to read the thread like some us fools do. You're right - first owners get the responsibility to share the info (I suppose we could order one and keep it quiet, but then we wouldn't have a web forum in the first place).

On the other hand, I'm treating this like karma. I've asked a few silly questions on here (apologies, @snip3r77), and generally someone has been gracious / patient enough to answer, so I'll try to so the same.

@snip3r77, I'm an Android noob as well, but it basically makes these things a smartphone without the SIM and telephony. So all the streaming services should install and work. Regional access may depend on where you started your account - this certainly applies with iTunes, for example. I installed Tidal and logged into my existing account and it worked fine. (And no, I'm not installing Spotify to check, lol - internal memory isn't great to start with!)

It's OK. I won't bother you anymore. TQVM.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #1,871 of 16,328
@Jazzkammer, I thank you for your spirited and world weary admonishment of those who can't be bothered to read the thread like some us fools do. You're right - first owners get the responsibility to share the info (I suppose we could order one and keep it quiet, but then we wouldn't have a web forum in the first place).

It's OK. I won't bother you anymore. TQVM.

That's what we're all here for!

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,872 of 16,328
Question on connecting DX-P1 to DAC/amp:
I'm enjoying the DAP solo but also keen to connect to either Chord Hugo or ALO CDM.

I've tried the following:
DX-P1 2.5mm balanced out > 2.5mm balanced in on the CDM, then either SE or balanced headphone out from CDM to IEMs. And it sounds pretty good.

However, I usually connect my iP6 to either of those DAC / amps using Apple CCK and a short USB - micro USB > Hugo or CDM micro USB digital input.
I've never owned an 'OTG' cable - is that the solution for both Hugo and CDM, using their micro USB inputs?

Finally, I'm sure I once connected my AK120 to the Hugo using optical (can't remember exactly which ports I used!). Is optical an option for the Hugo or the CDM? I'm rubbish when it comes to optical but I've been reading the Chord Mojo thread where folks speak highly of optical.

Many thanks in advance for info!

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #1,874 of 16,328
Is there optical out of DP-X1? Did not see that.

Probably not. Hence me asking. It has 3.5mm out and balanced 2.5mm out. The AK 120 may have optical out from its 3.5mm jack?

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,875 of 16,328
Any idea if you can get offline Tidal content to spill over onto a memory card??!)

There's a setting in Tidal that selects the memory card for offline storage.

Much better than Spotify, which decides itself based on available space and doesn't allow manual setting.

@Peridot, just wanted to say thanks for your advice - I switched Tidal offline downloads to my micro SD card and it worked perfectly. So now I know I can have a couple of decent capacity cards in the DX-P1 and have loads of offline Tidal albums.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back