ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #15,106 of 16,326
Can some please post a link for this upgrade website

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #15,107 of 16,326
I asked about the cost of he Battery Upgrade, and it's HKD$500 (USD$64).
He said he can also do some other internal parts upgrades, as well as adding some shielding.

How much of an upgrade to the battery is it? I think the OEM is 1800mAh.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #15,108 of 16,326
How much of an upgrade to the battery is it? I think the OEM is 1800mAh.

I believe the replacement Battery is ~%50 larger, which would be ~2600mAh - 2700mAh.

Search on Facebook for Romi Audio, and then search on that page for DP-X1 or X1 or Onkyo to find the posts where he shows the mods to the DP-X1.

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #15,111 of 16,326
My new HP :gs1000smile:

IMAG3256.jpg

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #15,113 of 16,326
Shielding will need Ground to even work...those are simply pasted on copper tapes...and not functioning the way of shielding. To correctly shield the Wm1z, tape those copper foil on the plastic black cover casing and have it connected to the 1z main chassis body. Take out the NFC and Bluetooth antenna, and now you will have a 1Z without any receptions for any wireless signals, then together with a properly shielded Wm1z.

**ultimately** you can try and CAD a file for the back plate (replace the leather one) milled out from pure copper and have it gold plate treated by a custom shop, screw it on with the screws holes already made in place by Sony engineers, and voila** now, that is a properly shielded 1Z....not those foils

*also* taping those copper foils inside the 1z is a pretty bad idea. You will only need 1 little piece which fell off during the procedures, unnoticed, and it could short out all short of thing and create some pretty magic smokes.

Just some honest opinions, ofcourse you can do whatever you want to your player, and what you think is right.

I am very surprised in a bad way to see how many people claiming on their modifications .....do they even know the basics behind it ?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #15,114 of 16,326
If you are into string instruments music, I think the Audio Technica ath-a900x (current model is ath-1000z) is highly recommended. It performs better than much pricey AK T1p even when driven on SE.

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #15,115 of 16,326
Shielding will need Ground to even work...those are simply pasted on copper tapes...and not functioning the way of shielding. To correctly shield the Wm1z, tape those copper foil on the plastic black cover casing and have it connected to the 1z main chassis body. Take out the NFC and Bluetooth antenna, and now you will have a 1Z without any receptions for any wireless signals, then together with a properly shielded Wm1z.

**ultimately** you can try and CAD a file for the back plate (replace the leather one) milled out from pure copper and have it gold plate treated by a custom shop, screw it on with the screws holes already made in place by Sony engineers, and voila** now, that is a properly shielded 1Z....not those foils

*also* taping those copper foils inside the 1z is a pretty bad idea. You will only need 1 little piece which fell off during the procedures, unnoticed, and it could short out all short of thing and create some pretty magic smokes.

Just some honest opinions, ofcourse you can do whatever you want to your player, and what you think is right.

I am very surprised in a bad way to see how many people claiming on their modifications .....do they even know the basics behind it ?

But the same method been applied to desktop amplifiers for many years. I think many ears have proven it.

Oct 22, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #15,116 of 16,326
But the same method been applied to desktop amplifiers for many years. I think many ears have proven it.

I don’t doubt a proper shielding has “improvements” to observe. I do know the fact that shielding will not work without a “proper ground”. What in the heck is the basics of shielding ? But again, as I said, people do with their device and money what they will

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #15,117 of 16,326
I don’t doubt a proper shielding has “improvements” to observe. I do know the fact that shielding will not work without a “proper ground”. What in the heck is the basics of shielding ? But again, as I said, people do with their device and money what they will

But the fact is also people need to audition before any mod can be claimed effective. The method of shielding are auditioned by many people over many different DAP. The difference can be heard.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #15,118 of 16,326
For dpx1a, because it doesn't use any wires like wm1a wm1z to connect the earphone jack. The only mod seems to be shielding. (Given that the capacitors are already top of its class)

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #15,120 of 16,326
Did someone ever experience a bad wireless connection with their dpx1? Right now I'm struggling at loading even Spotify songs. When I start to listen to music through Tidal the songs have to be downloaded before listening. It's frustrating.
Dl rate is 80-100kb/s when it could be 2mb/s. I have no idea why it's that bad.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back