Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Mar 11, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #316 of 799
Look forward to some guys here will make comparison between granbeat and upcoming entry daps "rubato" and "private" in the near future.

By the way, Does Granbeat 3.5mm output support earphones with mic?

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #319 of 799
Battery life is going to be an issue when it comes to android devices. Most have bad drain unless developers really optimize the kernel and build for it

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #321 of 799
I have been running my Granbeat for a week now, and the idea was to summarise my impressions. I do not have any PC DAC setups anymore (used to own iFi Nano and Mojo) and would refer to the full audio system instead (Opera Quinta+Bryston amplification-prosessor+Teac Isoteric) for serious and proper listening. The Onkyo DP-CMX1 is for the mobile and on-the-go application (+ FW01, ER4, RP-HD10) and travel.

In a nutshell, it appears I am a little buffled, in a good way though. There is nothing to write back home about. The Granbeat simply does what it says on the tin. And does outstandingly, with noble authority.

The sound is big and bold, very meaty at times. It is quite dependable on the track’s recording quality and can be punishing. This is what I expect from the product at this level. I enjoy every type of music with it, especially female vocals. Streaming Radio Swiss Jazz (my favourite) at 128 kbps is a real pleasure. DSD files are magical. Ordinary FLACs sound delicious. I would probably even say that it matches Mojo in this sense, at the same time being not so mellow on the clarity and precision side. IMO, the Granbeat amounts to the analogue studio sound with the right material. I also noticed that after a week’s use its SQ improved – it opened up a little. Hopefully, it will continue that way! I have not used the balanced output as yet, the cable is on order. Also still waiting for a flip case to be released.

The mobile phone section is not thrilling, but it has everything you need for communication. One has to bear in mind that it is a high-end DAP with a phone as a useful addition rather than the other way around. I totally approve this principal of a reputable hi-fi company going into the mobile market for the music enthusiasts. The camera is also basic – you just have everything you need in this section. And I personally like the weight and kind of a military grade metal enclosure, not uncommon for the best hi-fi equipment. The Granbeat is not cheap but is worth the investment if you can afford it. I wish I had more time to spend with it now.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #322 of 799
  I have been running my Granbeat for a week now, and the idea was to summarise my impressions. I do not have any PC DAC setups anymore (used to own iFi Nano and Mojo) and would refer to the full audio system instead (Opera Quinta+Bryston amplification-prosessor+Teac Isoteric) for serious and proper listening. The Onkyo DP-CMX1 is for the mobile and on-the-go application (+ FW01, ER4, RP-HD10) and travel.

In a nutshell, it appears I am a little buffled, in a good way though. There is nothing to write back home about. The Granbeat simply does what it says on the tin. And does outstandingly, with noble authority.

The sound is big and bold, very meaty at times. It is quite dependable on the track’s recording quality and can be punishing. This is what I expect from the product at this level. I enjoy every type of music with it, especially female vocals. Streaming Radio Swiss Jazz (my favourite) at 128 kbps is a real pleasure. DSD files are magical. Ordinary FLACs sound delicious. I would probably even say that it matches Mojo in this sense, at the same time being not so mellow on the clarity and precision side. IMO, the Granbeat amounts to the analogue studio sound with the right material. I also noticed that after a week’s use its SQ improved – it opened up a little. Hopefully, it will continue that way! I have not used the balanced output as yet, the cable is on order. Also still waiting for a flip case to be released.

The mobile phone section is not thrilling, but it has everything you need for communication. One has to bear in mind that it is a high-end DAP with a phone as a useful addition rather than the other way around. I totally approve this principal of a reputable hi-fi company going into the mobile market for the music enthusiasts. The camera is also basic – you just have everything you need in this section. And I personally like the weight and kind of a military grade metal enclosure, not uncommon for the best hi-fi equipment. The Granbeat is not cheap but is worth the investment if you can afford it. I wish I had more time to spend with it now.

Thank you for your overview!
What languages are present in the firmware by default?
Did Someone try to change to a different language, except those that are in the firmware? Did Someone try to use MoreLocale 2 ?

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #324 of 799

thanks for your review! May I know which IEM you prefer to go with your Granbeat

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #325 of 799
It is early days. I am waiting for the balanced cable to go with the FW01. It produces a very natural sound already. But I'd rather not comment now as I can hear the improvements since from the box. I shall give it a few weeks to see (or rather hear) what happens.

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #326 of 799
It is early days. I am waiting for the balanced cable to go with the FW01. It produces a very natural sound already. But I'd rather not comment now as I can hear the improvements since from the box. I shall give it a few weeks to see (or rather hear) what happens.

thanks! keep us posted with fw01 and its balanced version.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #327 of 799
20170308_ed961cc624c715a4a3f3qb8U5bBLc95I.jpg

20170308_0e0e3c53184474f9ba40z6ZaLfTN0eyK.jpg

i am not able to read this but i heard granbeat win granbeat Vs LG V20. can some one please confirm

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #328 of 799
You might conclude from the numbers of WIN and DRAW 
wink_face.gif
 . Bear in mind that 99% reading this thread is independant and so, you shouldn't / can't expect an answer to your questions. 
Cheers.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #330 of 799
Mandarin (Simplified) is my 2nd language, I can *roughly* understand this article as it is Mandarin (Traditional) but I will need a bigger and more high-res of this article to work with. Do you have a link to this article?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back