Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Mar 9, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #302 of 799
Mar 9, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #303 of 799
XDA people may be able to help too

But I don't see the point of rooting this device as it is; if it works well, why "fix" it with rooting?

Because if youre rooted you can edit system settings, especially the mixer paths in the etc folder under the system partition to raise the volume a bit by increasing the lineout variable if the granbeat has it. It might not. You can also get rid of bloatware also.

Thats just to name a few.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #304 of 799
  I received mine earlier today as well, but would not be able to play with it until Sunday. It appears to be 2 versions of the Granbeat - for HK and Japan. The difference is probably in the phone bands. Mine is the latter.

Hi,

do you know where to get the HK version and where to get information regarding the LTE bands of this version?

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #306 of 799
Because if youre rooted you can edit system settings, especially the mixer paths in the etc folder under the system partition to raise the volume a bit by increasing the lineout variable if the granbeat has it. It might not. You can also get rid of bloatware also.

Thats just to name a few.

I see, that makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Mar 9, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #308 of 799
Ok, so today I received my Onkyo Granbeat, and I'm very pleased with this unit! The SQ is the best I even heard from a smartphone, this is a real DAP. I short i can say: DP-X1 + better bass + smartphone functionality = Onkyo Granbeat - awesome device! I'm very satisfied :D

Mar 9, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #309 of 799
Ok, so today I received my Onkyo Granbeat, and I'm very pleased with this unit! The SQ is the best I even heard from a smartphone, this is a real DAP. I short i can say: DP-X1 + better bass + smartphone functionality = Onkyo Granbeat - awesome device! I'm very satisfied
biggrin.gif

Congret!
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #310 of 799
Just retrieved it and my first impression is definitely positive. Sounds like a DAP (and a high quality one at that), it's better than any smartphone I have ever heard. :D One thing I hate is how the volume wheel i too easy to turn accidentally.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #312 of 799
Just retrieved it and my first impression is definitely positive. Sounds like a DAP (and a high quality one at that), it's better than any smartphone I have ever heard.
biggrin.gif
One thing I hate is how the volume wheel i too easy to turn accidentally.

You can easily disable the wheel when needed with the little switch on the opposite side.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #313 of 799
You can easily disable the wheel when needed with the little switch on the opposite side.

That disabled everything though. By accidental, I mean when my hand touched the left-top side and that slight touch will move the volume wheel. Or when I put it on table with left-bottom side first, that volume wheel is turning again. Small annoyance only really. Haha

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #315 of 799
The wait is over! Kudos to Onkyo for delivering IMO the first true audiophile smartphone.

I own the DP-X1 and have been very happy with it, so I am thrilled to see this product come to market.

Here are what I understand to be the key differences between the DP-CMX1 and the DP-X1/X1A:

1. 128GB internal storage vs 64/32
  2. Only one Micro-SD card slot (this is the biggest disappointment about the DP-CMX1, IMO)
  3. Supports bluetooth aptX-HD vs just just plain aptX?
  4. Nearly double sized battery
  5. The play/pause/skip buttons look improved to me
  6. Added quick silence notifications slider
  7. Infrared remote for controlling other devices 
  8. Android 6.0
  9. Much higher resolution display
  10. 3gb RAM vs 2gb
  11. 6-core vs 4-core processor, better graphics processor, etc
  12. Quick charge support
  13. GPS and other smartphone sensors
  14. CMX1 is taller, but it's narrower and (crucially) thinner (142.30 x 72.00 x 11.90 mm vs. 129.0 × 75.9 × 12.7 mm)
  15. CMX1 is about 15% heavier (234g vs 203g)

All for a price not so different from what the DP-X1 originally launched for? Way to go Onkyo!!

Assuming more in-depth sound quality testing continues to show that SQ is comparable between these devices, then for approximately $200 more than the DPX-1A you would getting a heckuva lot more device (if you can live with 192gb less potential storage space over the DPX-1A and a heavier/taller device).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back