Onkyo DAC Amp HA200
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #46 of 97

Hi, I recently purchased the Onkyo unit. It's a nice little device and, while larger than my Fiio E07K, it does connect neatly to the lightning connector on my iPhone and iPad using a nice short cable I purchased. This makes it much neater than with the CCK+cable. I like the quality of the sound coming from this DAC/Amp. It delivers plenty of power to my headphones (32ohm) and to my Klispch X11 IEMs. The bass is very warm and rich and there is a good soundstage with the treble never sounding harsh plus plenty of mid. I think it's a good buy but a little more expensive than it should be here in Europe. Success!

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #47 of 97

Hi, I recently purchased the Onkyo unit. It's a nice little device and, while larger than my Fiio E07K, it does connect neatly to the lightning connector on my iPhone and iPad using a nice short cable I purchased. This makes it much neater than with the CCK+cable. I like the quality of the sound coming from this DAC/Amp. It delivers plenty of power to my headphones (32ohm) and to my Klispch X11 IEMs. The bass is very warm and rich and there is a good soundstage with the treble never sounding harsh plus plenty of mid. I think it's a good buy but a little more expensive than it should be here in Europe. Success!

Which cable did you get. I assume it's shorter than the normal 3ft lightning cable.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #49 of 97
Ok, so it's a nice little unit, excellent build quality, but lacking in features... Just hi/low gain and output volume, it has a nice clean sound, but I'm fairly underwhelmed to be quite honest. If I were you I'd look into the JDS labs C5D for $250 or the ifi micro idsd dac for $499. The JDS is a great bang for the buck, and the ifi is probably the best portable, and feature filled, dac/amp on the market right now with incredible performance. Also the new LH labs Geek out V2 coming out in the next couple months is going to be all kinds of stellar, and if you pre-order now, it's only $289 for the portable one, here's the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-out-v2-the-world-s-most-powerful-compact-amp#/story

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #50 of 97
Hi,

I would like to upgrade my Stoner Acoustics UD110v2 (not too impressed from that) to a Meridian Eplorer 2 (278 US$ amazon germany) or a Onkyo DAC-HA200 (only 249 US$!!! (232US$ 'used') on amazon Germany).

to use with my android note 3 and OTG cable. (sometimes on computer)
headphones: grado sr325e (home), sennheiser hd380pro (on the move)
If sound is very good, I woudn't buy an ifi audio iDSD (new model 2016?) any longer, and use it in my hifi setup.

If sound is better with Meridian (30 U$) extra, I don't mind to pay that extra.

But I don't think the meridian (without amp) will work well with OTG cable (drain the battery of the phone)

Geek Out V2+ Infinity is also nice, but have to wait till amazon Germany/UK takes it (as otherwise, I pay a lot of customs and other costs, so that it is not interesting anymore). Better than Meridian?

24bit 192 kHz. is enough for me. Most of my files are 16 bit, and some 24 bit.(minority)

the geek out v2 doesn't work with OTG cable male to female, I read. 
frown.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #51 of 97
I will get mine in a few hours. The price is now acceptable in Germany and i think it is the best option in the 200€ price range. I will ise it at my laptop and with my Somy A15. I will let you know my thoughts.

Edit: First impressions

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #52 of 97
So.
Owned my Teac HA-P50 for 4 months or so and have now sold it very disappointed. I had the Fostex Hpp1 for over a year and wanted to know if 3-4 yrs of development had rendered the Fostex outdated.
It hasn't. The Teac was little better than an iPod. A marginal improvement in clarity from the DAC and very slight improvement in Bass but on the whole not worth the little money they charge for it.
The Fostex outclasses the Teac in EVERY department. There is not a single one of the poncy words we use on here to describe sound that is an improvement in the Teac over the hpp1.
Very disappointed. Give it a go and see if you have better luck.
Tested with Focal Spirit Classic cans and T-peos Altone200 IEMs.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #53 of 97
The Onkyo has a different sounding than the Teac. The Fostex is more than two times more expensive. Until now i like the Onkyo. I also tried the Sony PHA-3 and the AudioTechnica PA100 but they are for more expensive and fail to deliver a lot more than the Onkyo.

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #55 of 97
Nov 3, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #56 of 97
Hi everyone,

I have sony pha-1a and look for the upgrade. My favorite music genre's rock and heavy metal (not death metal though).

is this HA200 worth for me to sell pha-1a and buy it ? 

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #59 of 97
Hi,

I just got mine and wanted to use with my iPhone 6s, but I hear some clicking noises and some intereferences caused by the radio module from the iPhone. 

I had a chat with the Onkyo and TEAC support and they confirmed, that the DACs have some issues with the 6s. It seems Apple has changed something, so the only way would be the flightmode, which is not the best solution.

TEAC support was not able to confirm if the new HA-P50SE will have a new shielding (is it the correct term? Sorry I'm not a native).

Cheers,
brasax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back