Onkyo DAC Amp HA200
Jul 30, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #76 of 97
I wouldn't have thought so as the T1 are 600 ohms. I don't know much technically but I was told the M20 would drive my 300 ohm. HD 600's to "reasonable " levels. I take it the M2 is not an option.
Seems a shame to bypass the internals of the M20. You might as well use a phone at that point.
Are you going portable with the semi open T1's? IME a stack is a PITA and to be avoided.
I would have thought that there are better options than the HA200 for you.

Hi, yes I want to go portable with the T1 gen 2s.. What should I get? What is IME and PITA?

What are the better options?

Thanks a lot!

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #77 of 97
Hi, yes I want to go portable with the T1 gen 2s.. What should I get? What is IME and PITA?

What are the better options?

Thanks a lot!

In my experience and a pain in the, I refer you to the urban dictionary. :wink:
I'm really not the best person to ask.
I would question going portable with semi open phones. If you use them in public,you are going to be the definition of the answer to your second to last question to people around you and are not going to appreciate the quality of the T1 due to external noise.
Unless you have a very specific use in mind, I would rethink the phones.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #78 of 97
H
In my experience and a pain in the, I refer you to the urban dictionary.
wink.gif

I'm really not the best person to ask.
I would question going portable with semi open phones. If you use them in public,you are going to be the definition of the answer to your second to last question to people around you and are not going to appreciate the quality of the T1 due to external noise.
Unless you have a very specific use in mind, I would rethink the phones.

Hi, I meant using it portable at home!
Do you have a recommendation of a setup?
Which DAP is better to use with the Beyerdynamic T1 gen2: Acoustic Research AR-M20 or Astell and kern AK100II?

The AR-M20 costs about 750 USD, the Astell and Kern costs about 687 USD.

Thanks a lot!

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #79 of 97
H
Hi, I meant using it portable at home!

Do you have a recommendation of a setup?
Which DAP is better to use with the Beyerdynamic T1 gen2: Acoustic Research AR-M20 or Astell and kern AK100II?

The AR-M20 costs about 750 USD, the Astell and Kern costs about 687 USD.

Thanks a lot!

Ah. Got you. I stress that my technical knowledge is very limited.
The M2 as opposed to the M20 should drive the T1's nicely AFAIK. (As far as I know:wink:)
The M2 is yet more money. I don't know anything about the AK but again eye wateringly expensive.
At the risk of being controversial. I would want to put these expensive DAP's up against an iPhone before I dropped all that cash. Unless money is easy to come by for you.
Personally I would try the iPhone with an Objective O2 amp. The O2 is a very controversial amp in itself. It is certainly a very cost effective option. Again I am not 100% certain how well it would drive such high impedance phones. If you are interested do a search on here.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #80 of 97
You would probably be better to ask regarding DAPs and amps in the T1 thread. Beware of spending a lot of money unnecessarily though.

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #82 of 97
Does anyone have experience using the HA200 on high gain. i just ordered 600 ohm Beyerdynamic's T1 2nd gen headphones and want to know if this amp has enough power to drive them. Hoping someone can provide insight. Thanks

Oct 1, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #84 of 97
Hello,

Just acquired the HA200 and downloaded the app HF Player for iOS.
Can anyone explain to unlock the HD Pack Player?
According Onkyo's website the HD Pack Player should get unlocked for free when the HA200 is connected to the iPhone.
 When connected via USB, your DAC-HA200 offers free access to the Onkyo HD Player Pack app
http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/dac-ha200-118433.html

In my case, I only get the option to buy the Pack...

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #85 of 97

I thought it was free too but the only way to get the Player Pack APP was to buy. Totally misleading and not cool. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #86 of 97
The same here.
Looks like it's problem with iOS10 
On my iPhone 4S with iOS9 - HD pack works with my Onkyo HA-200.
but, iPhone SE with iOS10 - not, asked to buy a HD Pack.

Trying to find how to inform Onkyo about problem with HD pack in iOS10, but can't find a way how to send feedback to Onkyo.
Only forum?

br,

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #88 of 97
The same here.
Looks like it's problem with iOS10 
On my iPhone 4S with iOS9 - HD pack works with my Onkyo HA-200.
but, iPhone SE with iOS10 - not, asked to buy a HD Pack.

Trying to find how to inform Onkyo about problem with HD pack in iOS10, but can't find a way how to send feedback to Onkyo.
Only forum?

br,

Hello,

I actually contacted the official importer in my country who responded quite promptly.
While he did not have a straight answer to provide, he did give me the official contact page of Pioneer (current owner of the Onkyo brand):
https://contactcenter.pioneer.eu/contactus.nsf/contact?openform&sub=ped&lang=en

I wrote to the support a week ago but haven't got any reply yet.
I'll keep on "spamming" until I get an answer!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #90 of 97
More head-fi'ers should share their success stories and gear pairing finds. Here's mine.

Spotify Premium with an iPhone (5s, SE, 6s or 7) together with the Onkyo HA200 and Fidelio X2 headphones, will give you an impressive sound signature that will match/surpass equipment much more expensive. I suggest this pairing for anyone who loves 80's, 90's, 00 hard rock/heavy metal music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back