One year on, and trose49 still owes me close to $2k
Aug 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #76 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree that thoughts of banning him have to be put aside (for now) for the sake of the OP. That sounds so wrong, but if there is any chance that the man can still be persuaded or reasoned with, it's worth taking. HOWEVER, to allow him continued access to the Head-Fi sale/trade forums is just asking for even more trouble! That is not a chance worth taking!

Whether the OP benefits from this or not is irrelevant...this is wrong-headed. I really don't know why people think that every member at head-fi must hang out at member's lounge and is aware of the goings on here. If this piece of internet filth is allowed access to the forums and PMs then he has access to the entire membership. So someone posts in the headphone forum that he's thinking of buying a new pair of cans. In comes our sleaze ball, PMs him that he has a pair for sale, the victim then sees his high post count, doesn't check his feedback, and then gets taken to the cleaners for a tidy sum of money. And all that needed to be done to prevent this is lock his account. If he has an email address on file then the admins can provide it to someone who has been trying to complete a transaction with him for more than a year.

So while it might seem helpful to allow trose49 access to the forum on the slim hope that he will be a stand up guy and make the situation right, it also gives him the opporuntity to rip off other members.

And at the risk of provoking the ire of the mods and admins, I have been uniformly supportive of the decisions made here...even when I didn't necessarily agree with them. But this one I just don't get, and can't really support -- not that it matters to anyone what I think.

--Jerome

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #77 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And at the risk of provoking the ire of the mods and admins, I have been uniformly supportive of the decisions made here...even when I didn't necessarily agree with them. But this one I just don't get, and can't really support -- not that it matters to anyone what I think.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for their actions. However, the policy is that mod decisions are (almost) never discussed publicly. Public discussion of forum moderation is the road to forum destruction.

I wouldn't mind seeing the guy's full name, address and contact details plastered all over the forums until he coughs up the money, but that invites more serious problems.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #78 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for their actions. However, the policy is that mod decisions are (almost) never discussed publicly. Public discussion of forum moderation is the road to forum destruction.

I'm well aware of the policy and agree with it. But allowing known dirtbags access to the forum can't be too healthy for the community either.

Anyway, I've said all I care to say and am outta here.

--Jerome

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #79 of 108
I just made this thread a sticky, in case anyone else feels compelled to loan him money, or otherwise do business with him.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I will again point out that post count has nothing what so ever to do with reliability or trustworthiness (or knowledge, or anything other than too much time). Anyone considering doing business via the for sale forums here should check out the people through the avenues they have available to them. I'd also personally suggest that you only loan money you can afford to lose, and only lend money to people you know in person, or very well. But those decisions are personal ones, and I understand the motivation to be generous with people you feel like you know online.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #80 of 108
To the OP:

If he didn't deserve an a**-whoopin' before, he certainly deserves one after his email response.

I guess the a**hole feels since he owes others money, and isn't going to pay them, then screw you, too.

Man, this really pisses me off. I think what really pisses me off the most is I'm pretty sure you'll be left hangin', as I, too, doubt the local authorities will get involved, and taking him to court will be too cost prohibitive.

C'mon, Karma...c'mon, Karma...c'mon, Karma...

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #81 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps we need a new classification: "Suspended Member (Warning: Do NOT Trade)" - where they are restricted to

1: posting in the general forums
2: Private Messages

All other forums are out of bounds to these members.

This way they can still be contacted, but won't be able to con other members in good standing.

I quite like this idea. There should be some sort of negative status. Or like on D2JSP having a warning system, that tallies warn from mods eventually to a full ban.

I really feel for you OP. I just took the time to review the original thread, where he of course exposes himself as a piece of @#$*. And I can't believe someone like that has been kept around this long.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #82 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh.. dead broke with an expensive gun and an iphone? Just doesn't add up Josh!

That's why he's broke in the first place, spending money he doesn't have...

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #85 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrariman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The worst part about this scammer is that he is stupid enough to show his face again, by touting new IEMs.

I also see that as arrogance and a complete lack of respect for other people. Man, this guy pisses me off and I'm not the one he screwed over. Good luck to the OP. It appears this assclown is at a point in his life where he feels he has nothing to lose.

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #86 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why he's broke in the first place, spending money he doesn't have...

Or he does have money and is lying through his teeth.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #87 of 108
trose49 responded to my PM right away. He stated that he settled with you and that this thread is basically "sour grapes".

jdimitri, what does he mean when he says that he settled with you. Are there other components to this transaction?

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #88 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nothing you said will provoke the ire of the mods, what do you mean, "this one I just don't get"?

On another note, we are not police officers. We cannot resolve issues between members. We follow the threads, issue warning stickies (most of you have probably read my stickies warning of doing business with Xin and Singlepower).

We advise members to study feedback, warn when we see patterns arise, but short of Dog the Bounty Hunter anyone's butt, members are as enabled to take appropiate legal action (wiseguy and death threats are taboo).
If this proves to be accurate in full, then a permanent ban is in order, but ultimately it won't help the OP.

By the way, I have a mint '85 Stratocastor that needs a good loving home.

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #89 of 108
I remember Trose now.. He actually wanted to get into a real physical altercation with another member.. Then balked when the member asked for his address..lol He also stiffed a very well respected cable maker here.. He seems like a very unstable person & un trust worthy.

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #90 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
trose49 responded to my PM right away. He stated that he settled with you and that this thread is basically "sour grapes".

jdimitri, what does he mean when he says that he settled with you. Are there other components to this transaction?

There are no other components, as he said in his reply to my e-mail here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5949837-post61.html

He thinks because i left him alone for a while, you'll assume that we've settled it
confused_face(1).gif

Either way, here's proof that this whole thing wasn't just made up

Picture1.png

Unless ive been receiving items in the mail/bank account and giving it away to the poor in my sleep i've received nothing. Therefore I'm sure he can't prove that he's sent any payment..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back