One year on, and trose49 still owes me close to $2k
Aug 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #46 of 108
Very sorry to see this thread. Trose49 asked several times for me to loan him money, which of course I not only refused to do but laughed with my wife about it. The very idea that I would loan money to a guy I barely knew from an online forum was so ludicrous that I had to laugh.

But the fact that he ripped you off is no laughing matter. Having been ripped off by head-fier Nick20, I know how painful this can be. Very sorry for your situation, jdimitri.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #48 of 108
He's got enough gear in his sig that he can't be poor -- a Raptor and a heap of other stuff.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #49 of 108
I think he just has a serious spending/money management problem. I could think of no other way to explain why he would ask me, a total stranger, to loan him money.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #50 of 108
That is insane. Is there some reason that he thought you should give him some of your hard earned money???? I wonder how many other people he asked and if anyone actually "loaned" him money!

@jdimitri: That is horrible that he never paid you for the gear!!! What a jerk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very sorry to see this thread. Trose49 asked several times for me to loan him money, which of course I not only refused to do but laughed with my wife about it. The very idea that I would loan money to a guy I barely knew from an online forum was so ludicrous that I had to laugh.

But the fact that he ripped you off is no laughing matter. Having been ripped off by head-fier Nick20, I know how painful this can be. Very sorry for your situation, jdimitri.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #51 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is insane. Is there some reason that he thought you should give him some of your hard earned money???? I wonder how many other people he asked and if anyone actually "loaned" him money!

Yup, hard to figure how the fact that I traded a few PM's with the guy makes it reasonable for him to hit me up for a loan.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #52 of 108
It is pretty apparent he is not going to make good of his promises or his ways. It might be in the better interest of the community to ban him rather than monger peace with a thief. Those who twitter should tweet his ***** off for all his friends to know.

OP: Sorry about your loss.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #53 of 108
jdmitri - I remember your original thread and thinking what a crap deal you got and the million excuses that cheat came up with as to why he couldn't give you the money back. Wasn't he going to pay you something each month??

I can't believe he's still swanning round buying things and flaunting his cash when he still owes you money. Whatever happened to good old fashioned conscience? He's so blatant about it too. Maybe the fact he's been allowed to get away with it for so long without being banned by the mods has just encouraged him to take the piss even more.

Anyway, I really hope you get a result this time. The guy's a thief, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe in the case of a long-term dispute like this, the mods could put a big BEWARE next to his username to warn other people!!!

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #55 of 108
To those of you requesting a ban, right now, as he stated, immtbiker is trying to communicate with him through pm. To ban him, as grawk said, would eliminate that potential communication. He logged on today, so although slim, there might be some hope for resolution.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #56 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sick the /b/ tards on him. All aside at the least his access to FS/FT subforums should be removed. Maybe it has already I don't know but I know it can be done.

Wow.. i'm not quite sure if i want to use /b/, i don't want him (badly) hurt or anything
but, his twitter got me his address and the fact that he stalks john mayer
confused_face.gif

I'm not in the financial dip i was in before, but i had to sacrifice a fair bit to pay off my overdue bills. All my head-fi related gear were sold off, as well as, sadly my '83 telecaster (the exact same as jeff buckley's guitar). Worked like a dog during my senior year of high school too.

I clearly remember him getting in trouble from work because he sent me something using the company's shipping account.. If i can find that shipping docket i've struck gold. Either way i'll find a way to contact his work and the local cops

So.. let the games begin?

Oh, and here's my final e-mail to him.. Unless he's a changed man (LOL) tomorrow's going to be a fun day
Quote:

Hey Todd,

How's it going, congrats on your new purchase of multi-thousand $ toys.
Just letting you know, it's your last chance to pay me back in the 24 hours starting from when this e-mail is sent.

After that i'll go through any mean possible to make your life as ****ty as i can make it, for as long as i can.
Don't forget I have your home address and your work details. The cops can't be too hard to reach either. What was it you owed me, $1500? more? That's fairly serious crime..

Have a good day bud!

Regards,
Josh

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #57 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those of you requesting a ban, right now, as he stated, immtbiker is trying to communicate with him through pm. To ban him, as grawk said, would eliminate that potential communication. He logged on today, so although slim, there might be some hope for resolution.

As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree that thoughts of banning him have to be put aside (for now) for the sake of the OP. That sounds so wrong, but if there is any chance that the man can still be persuaded or reasoned with, it's worth taking. HOWEVER, to allow him continued access to the Head-Fi sale/trade forums is just asking for even more trouble! That is not a chance worth taking!

I say give the guy an ultimatum: either return the gear he stole from jdimitri, plus reasonable compensation; or pay the full price for the gear, plus reasonable compensation; or face the full force of the legal system, such as it is in international dealings like this.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #58 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.. i'm not quite sure if i want to use /b/, i don't want him (badly) hurt or anything
but, his twitter got me his address and the fact that he stalks john mayer
confused_face.gif

I'm not in the financial dip i was in before, but i had to sacrifice a fair bit to pay off my overdue bills. All my head-fi related gear were sold off, as well as, sadly my '83 telecaster (the exact same as jeff buckley's guitar). Worked like a dog during my senior year of high school too.

I clearly remember him getting in trouble from work because he sent me something using the company's shipping account.. If i can find that shipping docket i've struck gold. Either way i'll find a way to contact his work and the local cops

So.. let the games begin?

Whatever it takes (you know what I mean: within the bounds of the law, obviously). I wish you luck!

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #59 of 108
Well one thing is for sure, head-fi users should blacklist this guy for sure. Remember/write down his name and be sure to never partake in any transactions with this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back