One year on, and trose49 still owes me close to $2k
Aug 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #32 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mods aren't really in any position to be able to do anything I will PM him and see if I can get him to reach some sort of resolution. Sorry this happened to you.

Why haven't these dirt bags had their posting priviliges revoked? Getting this trash off the forum would be a good place to start.

--Jerome

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #33 of 108
Things like this make me think twice about buying stuff on the for sale/trade section.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #34 of 108
It is disappointing to realize that the community can do little but offer our sympathy to the poster and vitriol against the evil man. I'm very happy to see that the sympathy extends to offers of donations to recover the victim's loss, but immediately disheartened to know that if I were to happen upon a similar problem in the future I would find little recourse.

May he burn for inflicting such remorseless misfortune upon you.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #35 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Things like this make me think twice about buying stuff on the for sale/trade section.

Actually what it should mean is that you do your homework whenever you have a business transaction here or anywhere else be it MOT, member or modder. There is plenty of information here on the boards on anyone who has been a member for any length of time. If you cannot find sufficient positive information or any information at all then perhaps it would be prudent to stay away from that person. Bad things can happen anywhere and most of HeadFi members are good honorable and very generous people.

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #37 of 108
Oh but they are simple. People just choose to complicate them for no good reason.

It isn't right for someone to continue to enjoy the benefits of being a member at Head-Fi if they are ripping off other members of the community. It's as simple as that. On the one hand Head-Fi doesn't want to get in the middle of these transactions (I've seen moderators say that many times), and on the other you want to act as facilitator and provide a venue for the parties to come together and resolve their differences. Sorry, but you just can't have it both ways, and I would rather see the admins err on the side of protecting the community. Leaving the trash here is only going to stick in the craw of people who are contributing and upstanding members of the Head-Fi community.

You can debate on where one should draw the line, but someone who has bilked members out of thousands of dollars is a person who clearly has stepped over it in my view. Several members who have been outed as theives are still active on the forum. Frankly, I'd like to hear what Jude has to say on this subject.

--Jerome

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #38 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding me? Still time? Pah-leeze.

I just typed "scum" in Google. Know what was the first hit? "See Trose49".

Dude's scum. Not just any scum, but a "tacky" scum. The worst kind.

To the OP: Man, it totally sucks. I'm sorry you were victimized.

I was hoping the "there's still time" thing would encourage him to return the phones/money. Apparently not.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #39 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh but they are simple. People just choose to complicate them for no good reason.

It isn't right for someone to continue to enjoy the benefits of being a member at Head-Fi if they are ripping off other members of the community. It's as simple as that. On the one hand Head-Fi doesn't want to get in the middle of these transactions (I've seen moderators say that many times), and on the other you want to act as facilitator and provide a venue for the parties to come together and resolve their differences. Sorry, but you just can't have it both ways, and I would rather see the admins err on the side of protecting the community. Leaving the trash here is only going to stick in the craw of people who are contributing and upstanding members of the Head-Fi community.

You can debate on where one should draw the line, but someone who has bilked members out of thousands of dollars is a person who clearly has stepped over it in my view. Several members who have been outed as theives are still active on the forum. Frankly, I'd like to hear what Jude has to say on this subject.

--Jerome

Perhaps we need a new classification: "Suspended Member (Warning: Do NOT Trade)" - where they are restricted to

1: posting in the general forums
2: Private Messages

All other forums are out of bounds to these members.

This way they can still be contacted, but won't be able to con other members in good standing.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #40 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well said.

I'm sure time and time again the members have aided the larger community when it was in need (be it contributions or sales actions), yet I am disappointed that the community can do so little when one of its members has been so clearly wronged.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #41 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping the "there's still time" thing would encourage him to return the phones/money. Apparently not.

I don't know how long you've been visiting this site, but back when this first came about, Mr. 49 was a pretty prolific poster, and other members tried to put pressure on him to do right. He never did. I recall a bunch of excuses.
That's why I responded the way I did.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #44 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone remembered this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/he...e-back-332589/

I am really sorry for what happen to you .. Really !

Time to time i do favor to someone in similar situtation like you ... I mean shipping from states etc ...

Why you dont post his personal info - all you got, and let members do what they can ...

There is a lot of legal actions there .. and ...

I am also willing to help if you need cache for emergency ...Just PM me ..

Greets !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back