One headphone to rule them all/headphone cushions
Dec 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dagothur

1000+ Head-Fier
1. The headphone cushions on my M50s are starting to degrade, and I'd like new ones.  Where may I procure them?

2.  I currently have a pair of M50s, JVC-Rx900s, and Grado Sr80is.  I was wondering, what would be the best headphone for me in the 200-300 price range?  I generally listen to heavy metal and some progressive.  I prefer closed studio monitors, but since I would listening to these almost exclusively at home, open works just as well.  I'm not looking to buy just yet, but having a product in mind for future reference would be excellent.

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 4
My M50s are my portable cans (attached to a Zune 80 gB, soon to be a Zune 120 once I get my Yotank) since my sr80s are so dainty I feel like they'll break at any moment.  By extension, I use my sr80s entirely for home listening.  I rarely if ever use my JVCs since my m50s and Grados are simply leaps and bounds better.  When I'm at home I just plug them into my speakers, since when I asked for a can recommendation everybody told me that an amp would do no good for my Zune or m50s.
I don't have a preference between my M50s and Grados, because for me it just sounds like the Grados are the open-back/soundstage, home-listening counterpart to the sturdy m50s.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back