once again, crappy grado build quality...
Nov 6, 2001 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Sirwar

Not the sensitive type
I paid $300 for my SR-325s. They consist of drivers in a metal casing with a thin headband that holds the drivers in place using the friction of these little plastic things.

The plastic things are wearing out and every time I take them off my head the drivers fall off and hit the floor or something. no one can keep track of those stupid little rubber caps they give you, and I don't want to attach them permanently because I have problems with my wires getting tugged on and disconnecting.

So basically this is just one more thread to bitch about how
crappy Grado builds their headphones.

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 19
Damn... they need to look at themselves in their HP series once more... make some really awesome headphones (in build quality that is)...

Nov 6, 2001 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 19
I've had my SR325 for over two years and nary a problem with anything breaking. I do take good care of them.

Nov 6, 2001 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 19
My MsII's are in great shape. But then I only paid $225 for them, so maybe that's the reason. Oh yeah KR... remided me my SR-60's are also just fine and I use them for portable use so they take a little more abuse. Then again my turntable is from 1978 and going strong
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2001 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 19
I use my 325s for my computer 'phones and they get LOTS of use.
I still need to send these back again soon for a SECOND repair because sometimes the right side buzzes.

Nov 7, 2001 at 2:29 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

glue the plastic caps on, and hot glue or super glue the wires going into the metal chamber... you won't have any more problems.

I suppose that's the best way to solve it. But when you're shelling out $300 - you really shouldn't have too.

Nov 7, 2001 at 2:41 AM Post #10 of 19
I've had my SR-200's for many many years. They're still perfect. Up until a few weeks ago when I got my AKG-501's I used the Grados every day....

Nov 7, 2001 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 19
I have never had a problem with my SR60s, and I treat them pretty badly.

Sirwar, I hope things can get patched up for you. I know it is a real pain when you thnk that you are buying quality and you end up cleaning up after what seems like the most basic thing. If you haven't already done so, I think that when you ask for a replacement pair, let them know about this post, and how they really need to clean up their act. I think that they should give you something to win back your goodwill and loyalty.

Perhaps an upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Or at least a t-shirt.

al

Nov 7, 2001 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 19
I stuff my Black Grado 325s (you know they're old) in a plastic bag with my Senheisser 580s every other weekend for a long bumpy ride home. They are perfect
smily_headphones1.gif
Only complaint I ever had was my friend stretched out the band on top so that the pads didn't touch anymore. I just squeezed them back and they're as tight and wonderful-sounding as ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2001 at 6:58 PM Post #13 of 19
Newbie here.

Quick Question about the Grado 60's.....How much sound get's out of these headphones? This is a factor in my buying decision, for i don't want too much coming out, to desturb others, but i also want a good sound (for the good price of these 'phones). Also , the V-6 's look quite bulky to me, any comments?

Thanks.....
Daniel

Nov 8, 2001 at 7:13 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Daniel
Newbie here.

Quick Question about the Grado 60's.....How much sound get's out of these headphones? This is a factor in my buying decision, for i don't want too much coming out, to desturb others, but i also want a good sound (for the good price of these 'phones). Also , the V-6 's look quite bulky to me, any comments?

Thanks.....
Daniel

Well I have both those phones and the 60's do leak quite a bit of music into the surroundings. The v-6's to me are not bulky at all. The fact that they fold makes them easier to transport than the sr-60's. IMO.

Nov 9, 2001 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 19
I don't know if its a blessing or a curse, but you can take the grado headphones apart. just get a small back and they can be transportable. but a ton of sound leaks out. despite my choosing headphones for this very reason, I've had people knocking on the wall telling me to turn them down :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back