OMG! Xin amps killer found! = Three Stones MiniBox-E+
Dec 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4N5H1N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure a ton of people use full-size headphones in their portable setup, myself included.

I do, too!! I don't have any ultra fancy IEM's (yet) so my little Sansa Fuze powers my buds nicely. I've used my XM-5 to power them, but for 90% of my music, it's really not necessary.

I mainly use the XM-5 and DAC input when I use the AKG K-240s with the laptop

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #32 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4N5H1N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure a ton of people use full-size headphones in their portable setup, myself included.

+1, No interest in owning a full blown home system. Would never be able to use one at home anyway since I can't have privacy while listening. I'm sure there are others in the same situation.

Dec 24, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #33 of 59
Xin's products are a moving target, moving in the direction of better and better. I do hope more will be shipping but I do know that the latest incarnations are a step up. The Mini is now on par with the Reference and the current Reference is better than before.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #34 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mrarroyo, yeah I did bloat it a bit about being Xin Amps killer. Xin amp is still very formidable. But my take is that I am surprised that out of the box the MiniBox-E+ simply jive in with ER-4S like I have never heard before. There's that organic synergy which I would have expected better from Xin amps since we know in the earlier days Dr. Xin build his amps around ER-4S (but now I am not sure if he still uses them). And this MiniBox sounded as if it was actually built for ER-4S.

Well I have placed an order for a Xin Reference Type D as well and I hope that will reclaim the crown again in the synergy dept with ER-4.

Wait for my full review which will be ready after 400 hours has passed.

Cheers.

Keep on enjoying your MiniBox-E+ it is a beautiful sounding unit, have you tried swapping the op-amps?

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep on enjoying your MiniBox-E+ it is a beautiful sounding unit, have you tried swapping the op-amps?

hahaha. Nope for now I will use the stock 8610. I like 8610 actually and the same opamps are in my SuperMini-IV as well. I will start rolling when the burn-in period has eclipsed 800 hours.

BTW, Merry Christmas to you & everyone else
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #36 of 59
Happy Holidays.

for me, Happy Hanukkah and to whomever else celebrates it.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #38 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by not /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So EFN are you going to hit us with a mid-burn up-date?

No worries, If you wanna read some "hint" impressions, go here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/im...s-pcdp-397347/

I wrote those rewiew for the DAC but it was all driven on the Analogue signal by the MiniBox-E+. No DAC will be complete without a good amp.

Tomorrow the MiniBox-E+ will get my full review here.....600 hours is just around the corner.

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #40 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still love my MiniBox-E+, wish Head Direct had them in stock.
smily_headphones1.gif

So it's not possible to buy the MiniBox-E+ (new) anywhere?

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 59
Thought that TTVJ had it?

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #42 of 59
WAIT! last month when I PMed Nankai for my MiniBox-E+, he said he have ready stocks to ship. Better PM him first just to be sure. And this unit seems to be a 3rd revision as is does not have the SFOR switch and the buttons has been replaced.

Please let's pray they are not sold out, now that we have Dr Xin back into space travel to another Galaxy in search of new formula for killer amps, having the venerable MiniBox out of stock will be a major blow....

PS:
To add salt to injury, RSA SR-71 and SR-71A is also OUT of stock......

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #43 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought that TTVJ had it?

Todd informed me a couple weeks ago that he was out of stock and that he didn't know when he'd be getting more(IIRC).

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #44 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WAIT! last month when I PMed Nankai for my MiniBox-E+, he said he have ready stocks to ship. Better PM him first just to be sure. And this unit seems to be a 3rd revision as is does not have the SFOR switch and the buttons has been replaced.

Please let's pray they are not sold out, now that we have Dr Xin back into space travel to another Galaxy in search of new formula for killer amps, having the venerable MiniBox out of stock will be a major blow....

PS:
To add salt to injury, RSA SR-71 and SR-71A is also OUT of stock......

Xin is not gone, I just exchanged emails with him.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back