Omega watch advice?
Dec 10, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggested Sinn and Stowa earlier in the thread, but I'm a stoopid gurl who doesn't know crap about watches, and most of these guys are just brand-name hungry as opposed to buying a watch on its own merits, so it's about useless to suggest anything but bling in this thread.
frown.gif

As for Stowa fit and finish not being up to Omega, it depends on which Stowa and which Omega you're comparing. The Marine Original pwns all.

Plainsong, you don't know crap about watches. There.

Waaahhhhh....~~!! *runs away and hide*

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #47 of 88
LOL - what I know can be put on the head of a pin, I just know to do my homework before dropping over 1k. I mean, if I decide I like a certain watch, I'm damn well sure I'll know WHY I like it - other than "James Bond wore one. Yippieee!"
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #48 of 88
i will get omega x33 since im going on a space journey sooner or later!
im sure omega will take really long before making another digital watch

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #49 of 88
Dont forget Neil Armstrong
smily_headphones1.gif

As you said plainsong, there are probably better bargains or better quality brands that are less well known to the general public who just know the few brands they see in magazine adverts, but the appeal of a timepiece for many folks is to get a brand that is widely known to provide them with "pride of ownership" aka showing off opportunities. I think an Omega will provide that more than a Stowa.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #50 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo3014 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's just too hilarious. lol

I'm just being funny - Omega is part of The Swatch Group. And there's nothing to be embarrassed about there - aside from plastic watches sold in the 80's at least.

Swatch/ETA even do some very interesting research - did you know that the "Irony" line of stainless steel swatches have cases that are injection-molded stainless steel? Yes, they figured out how to injection-mold steel.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #51 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont forget Neil Armstrong
smily_headphones1.gif

As you said plainsong, there are probably better bargains or better quality brands that are less well known to the general public who just know the few brands they see in magazine adverts, but the appeal of a timepiece for many folks is to get a brand that is widely known to provide them with "pride of ownership" aka showing off opportunities. I think an Omega will provide that more than a Stowa.

So there's no pride of ownership with a Sinn either then, a Ball, a Kobold, a Doxa, an Oris? Bullhookey.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #52 of 88
Sinn rules. Wearing my 356 today.
biggrin.gif

My others are Aerowatch, Limes, & Oris.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #54 of 88
No, I can't afford a $1000 watch either... but it doesn't stop me from dreaming!
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #55 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note - Omega isn't like Bose, but there's a certain brand-zombiness going on in general that's frustrating to those offering actual ... ya know... advice.

HEY!!! I AM AN OMEGA ZOMBIE!

I have the Sporty-Black-Omega trio:
-Speedmaster Pro Moon Watch = classic chrono
-90s era Dynamic = classic-ish flieger
-Recent model full-size Seamaster Pro = classic-ish diver

All were bought used on TZ, PMWF, etc, at VERY discounted prices.

However, I am done with watches since I have one for every occasion (hmmm, except I don't have a quartz beater...
biggrin.gif
).

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #56 of 88
Guys, chill out.

The guy wants an Omega. Since Omega is a reputable company I think we should respect that and help him find a good deal.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #57 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, chill out.

The guy wants an Omega. Since Omega is a reputable company I think we should respect that and help him find a good deal.

Nope I'm a Bose loving "zombine" apparently
rolleyes.gif

Damn ignore list being lost after the great downtime of 07.

plainsong and your other brands: I don't care. It was pretty clear I was asking about Omega watches after I updated my post. Thank you for the watch elitism non-the less, heaven forbid someone wants to buy a nice watch from a reputable known name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You recommend checking out Bernard Watch Co. : Selling Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, Baume & Mercier, Breitling and More! for good prices on authentic Swiss watches.

Here is the Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer (automatic) that I bought from them...
SeMP2.jpg

I paid around $1200 new for it around 5 years ago.

The link is much appreciated! I dropped by an AD near the hospital and I really like the Pro midsize, the watch is definitely more suited to an average size wrist and smaller than what it looks like in the pictures. I think I will be getting this in an automatic/plain black face.

So any good websites for new ones would rock
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #58 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The link is much appreciated! I dropped by an AD near the hospital and I really like the Pro midsize, the watch is definitely more suited to an average size wrist and smaller than what it looks like in the pictures. I think I will be getting this in an automatic/plain black face.

biggrin.gif

J-Pak, I recommend you go to the TZ forums and ask them for a great AD near your location.

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #59 of 88
If you really want an Omega, try your local Costco. From time to time (no pun intended) they have one. It won't be covered by Omega's warranty, though.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #60 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dropped by an AD near the hospital and I really like the Pro midsize, the watch is definitely more suited to an average size wrist and smaller than what it looks like in the pictures. I think I will be getting this in an automatic/plain black face.

biggrin.gif

I have the full size Seamaster Pro and I LOVE IT!!! You will not be disappointed. I bought mine used on TZ, 95% with AD-signed papers and a year left on the warranty.

P1010094.JPG

BTW: Any new Omegas sold online are grey market, ADs are not allowed to sell online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back