Omaha Head-Fi Meet New Date May 19/CE!
May 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #47 of 63
Here are the pictures I took http://omahax.com/img/headfi/

May 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #48 of 63
Gentlemen, I am sad that I wasn't able to make it to this meet. The gear this year looks stupendous.

I must also apologize for not going to the tasting; I am on pain meds for a back injury. 

I look forward to the next one (fingers crossed).

-Nylan

May 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #50 of 63
I also regret not being able to make it, it looks like you guys needed a turntable in the worst way possible 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #54 of 63
Just viewed the pictures.  Looks like a great time with some sweet gear!  Am I thinking of the right bunch of guys, you folks had some misfires in getting a meet together for quite a while, right?  Anyway, I really enjoyed the pictures.  Thanks for the vicarious meet experience.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #56 of 63
Thanks for dropping in! (You must have the right guys...) I have many fond memories of San Francisco when the sea lions were at Pier 39. Let us know if you're ever in Omaha
dt880smile.png

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:
The Bourbon was great.. I think we just need to organize a small "get-together" periodically so we can drink and listen to music at a slower pace.  I felt somewhat rushed... but that could have been because it took a while before we got my netbook talking to my dac.

I'm all for it man!

I need to stop in and get a new bottle of scotch soon...

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:
We have about 150 single malts currently, I don't bother counting the number of blends 
cool.gif
.  Though, I have been on a gin kick lately, or rather, a Nigroni kick.

I don't count blends as Scotch....can't stand the stuff. Same goes for gin, never been much for pine trees 
wink.gif

How many "good" cask strength bottles do you have? 

So far I've tried Aberlour's, Nadurra, and Clynelish.

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

I don't count blends as Scotch....can't stand the stuff. Same goes for gin, never been much for pine trees 
wink.gif

How many "good" cask strength bottles do you have? 

So far I've tried Aberlour's, Nadurra, and Clynelish.

There are a few good blends...  but I rather buy a Bourbon.  As for gin, not all taste like a spruce forest.

I have gathered a few cask-strength bottlings, but most are independent bottlings.  I have never seen Clynelish above 46%abv, that sounds scrumptious! Glenmorangie Astar is one of my go-to cask strengths.  Just wish I could find more Laphroaig CS; I own #1,#2, and #3... haven't seen anything but #1 in Nebraska before though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back